Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Spouse & PPK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Default Spouse & PPK

I got my wife a Walther PPK for Mom's Day as I thought she'd like the looks and be willing to keep it around her instead of her beloved Walther P22.

Anyway, she drove down from SC yesterday to watch my pin match and I made sure she had the PPK with her. Spent about a half hour with her before the pin shoot helping her get accustomed to the gun and how it shoots. For any of y'all that haven't fired a fixed barrel .380 - they're pretty snappy in the recoil department.

Set the target a 5 yards and loaded 5 in the mag. 3 of the first 5 were about 6 inches left of center but patterned well. The other 2 were in the black. Worked with her a bit more on stance and sight alignment (and grip) and then she proceeded to shoot the remaining 45 rounds. I was very pleased that she kept everything in about a 6 inch circle at roughly COM. Tried to get a picture of the target but I think she knew I'd post it up and didn't want me to.

While she isn't totally comfortable yet with the snappy recoil, I think great progress was made yesterday...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-22-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Good deal.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-22-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I hope she enjoys her new pistol.

I must admit that until i saw this & did a quick search, i thought the PPK was only made in Europe.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #4

She actually has an Interarms PPK/S with the slightly longer grip and I have an older blued PPK. Great little guns but they're just a tad to big for pocket carry. In the summer I carry mine quite often...

Old 09-22-2009, 07:22 PM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Good job, NGIB. Next time, while she is shooting, get a pic of her and the pistol. Ladies make the prettiest smiles when they are shooting. It has to do with the empowerment, I think. It's a glow smile. That's hot!

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:30 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
She actually has an Interarms PPK/S with the slightly longer grip and I have an older blued PPK. Great little guns but they're just a tad to big for pocket carry. In the summer I carry mine quite often...
I've had one made by FEG (imported by Interarms) since the mid-90's. It's accurate and never jams with Speer GDHP ammo. I tried Hornady XTP bullets once and they jammed - truncated cone bullets hang-up on the feed ramp. It's a pleasure to carry.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 09-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #7

Hugely funny (and the reason I think pix were a no no) was that spouse was wearing a frilly low cut tank top. I suggested she toss on a t-shirt (store sells them) and she looked at me coldly and says - not happening.

About 25 rounds into the shooting session, a piece of hot brass heads where all pieces of hot brass head - down the front of said tank top. Being the quality husband that I am - I suppressed laughter until I went out for a smoke...

Old 09-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Hugely funny (and the reason I think pix were a no no) was that spouse was wearing a frilly low cut tank top. I suggested she toss on a t-shirt (store sells them) and she looked at me coldly and says - not happening.

About 25 rounds into the shooting session, a piece of hot brass heads where all pieces of hot brass head - down the front of said tank top. Being the quality husband that I am - I suppressed laughter until I went out for a smoke...

well at least you had nice manners LOL

I'm glad she liked her new pistol! my .380 is...well snappy is a good word for it, a 9mm is more punchy in my very humble opinion

Old 09-23-2009, 05:02 AM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Well done, NGIB. The .380 PPK is a huge improvement over the .22 P22! I love the design, it's definitely on my wish list.

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 12-31-2010, 01:57 PM   #10

Default Ppk

Got a PPK in 9mm k as my covert carry, good gun easy to tuck out of the way, this ones a 1972 ex police vintage german original issiued to the RUC

The Government today announced that it will be changing the offical union jack emblem to a condom, this reflects more accurately the Governments political stance. Acondom allows for inflation, halts production, distroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of secuity while you're actually being screwed. Trooper 7687 11/01/2011