spinner target - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > spinner target

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsteve89
hey unclebear thanks for that article it gave me a couple of thoughts. ive never liked shooting plates and the like because theres always too much cleanup afterward. old spray paint and nearly empty propane tanks make for one hell of a display especially when you light a road flare next to them run 50 yards at the very least to your gun and then unload on it, but thats frowned upon.
a couple of years ago my friends and i built a set of silhouettes on stands that reset when you pulled on the proper string. theyve only ever been used for rimfire up to a .22mag and have lasted through thousands of shots and would have lasted longer had my friends grandpa not run one of them with his truck.
going off that article im going to build a set that is specifically for rimfire and handguns. and attempt to find steel that will withstand my hunting rifles.
I use a home made spinner for big game 243 cal an up, its simple 2 ,3'' , 3/4 inch steel rounds welded onto a 1'' steel rod, with a large grade 8 nut in the middle that a 1'' u shaped rod runs through an is pounded into the ground. Works like a charm an makes a soild bang when hit. I have shot it probly 200 rounds with a 338, holds up fine