Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Sparrow 22 suppressor & Ruger 22/45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 10:53 PM   #11
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1658 Times on 903 Posts
Likes Given: 528

How do you disable the mag safety and the loaded indicator??

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:23 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5109 Times on 2658 Posts
Likes Given: 310

i replaced the hammer and hammer bushing with a hammer and bushing from my ruger mk2 then you can just remove the safety arm and spring.

the loaded chamber indicator has a pin, spring, indicator and a little silver feeler arm (the offending part) which gets clogged with grime VERY VERY fast. just remove the little silver part and slap it all back in place.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #13
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1658 Times on 903 Posts
Likes Given: 528

Thanks. Good to know.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Np. Removing the indicator was the biggest improvement in reliabilty. It went from aa jamamatic after 100ish rounds to 1000 round string ftf fte free.

Removing the mag safety allowed the firearm to seat the mags without issue. On my pjstol i had to wiggle the mag into place with effort. Without the mag safety they click in place with a light push.

I personally think these two mods are required to make the 22/45 mk3 threaded reliable.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I personally think these two mods are required to make the 22/45 mk3 threaded reliable.
I may be mistaken, but I believe that the loaded chamber indicator are required for guns sold in Ca. The rest of us get stuck with them, and their cost, because it isn't cost effective to manufacture 2 separate models.

Enemies of the United States:hunt them down, kill them all.War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudo View Post
I may be mistaken, but I believe that the loaded chamber indicator are required for guns sold in Ca. The rest of us get stuck with them, and their cost, because it isn't cost effective to manufacture 2 separate models.
they are for ca and a few other communist states. but it shouldnt be too much longer before those various hellholes implode under their bloated weight and we are free from their idiotic influence.