Slightly miffed!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Slightly miffed!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Default Slightly miffed!

Ok, will start with the good here.

Went to the range yesterday to test out my new loads for 30-06 and .35 Rem. (actually went Mon. but that range was closed on monday, so i just fished instead) Well, what i learned with the testing of the two calibers is that i am too old and blind to be using iron sights anymore. @ 50 yds when i looked down my sights at a red 6" circle, all i could see was the white of the surrounding paper. Hit the paper decent enough but cant really make a judgement call on wether or not the rounds group well or not due to my handicap. MUST get a scope mounted back on the 06. The .35s, well, i will just have to wait until i go to the range that was closed on Mon. to shoot at a 30yd range, as i will NOT scope the one .35...might eventually drill and tap the other for bases and rings.

Ran 50 of my .45 acp reloads thru the 1911. The S/A ate them without a hitch, all hit/grouped well. Would have shot more...but...I had a jackass in the stall next to me who thought his only reason for being there was to PISS ME OFF! Some people seem to think they OWN the public ranges and are selfish loathsome individuals at best.

Shot 4 cylinders out of the 686 .357. 2 in double action, 2 single action. I still hit a LOT better shooting double action, but the SA is coming along nicely. Would have worked with the revolver more....see above rant about selfish loathsome people.

I dont think this is terrible results....12 rounds .357

A cool "shot" (or so i thought) i have dubbed "the eyes of death"

I also worked with the PSA AR....i am really getting to dislike this gun. In doing my research folks said "Dont get a DPMS, a PSA i much better!!" I am begining to wonder at that advice now. Now, for the price, i ended up with a PSA for less than i would have gotten a comparable DPMS from the LGS. That being typed, this damn PSA is a jam-o-matic!!

I have used it at the range 4 times, its been torn down and cleaned 3 times. Once, i cleaned and lightly oiled everything. The last time i did as the factory instructions said and left it dry, except for a light oiling in the barrel. (per factory instructions; do not oil bolt or carrier assembly unless using in wet environment)

On average it will fail to eject 1 of every 10 rounds....yesterday 3 FTF's per 30 round mag. (The one time i ran it dirty it was every other or every second round!!)

For the record i am at about 750 rounds PMC brass cased FMJ rounds downrange.

Not being one to just dog on anything and everything, i like to put positive spins on most things when possible. What i DO like about this PSA is that when it ejects the brass, (properly) it tends to land them all in a nice neat little pile. Makes for policing brass a cinch! The other thing i LOVE about this gun is its accuracy. Now if i could just get the FTF issue worked out i would really like this gun!

30 rds, 100 yds, Palmetto State Armory M-4gery,
I'LL TAKE IT(this kind of grouping that is)

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1974 Times on 1069 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Welcome to the Old Farts. By the way, my DPMS has not had a single malfunction with 2k-3k mixed including steel case.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Last edited by JTJ; 05-16-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #3
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Welcome to the Old Farts. By the way, my DPMS has not had a single malfunction with 2k-3k mixed including steel case.
OH SURE!! Rub salt n the open wound!! Thanks!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!