Sig P226 9mm Report - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Sig P226 9mm Report

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 11:26 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftaco View Post
anyone checkout the video?
Looked like pretty solid shooting to this novice. That p226 is just plain top-shelf, isn't it? Well worth the price increase over your glock/sigma types.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 06-09-2010, 06:45 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post
Looked like pretty solid shooting to this novice. That p226 is just plain top-shelf, isn't it? Well worth the price increase over your glock/sigma types.

I truely think the best gun is the one that feels the best in your hands. Regardless of caliber, make or price.

I actually scored this off of gunbroker.com for 685 plus 20 for shipping and 20 for FFL transfer. It also came with two mags!

Old 06-28-2010, 01:30 AM   #33

Went out again today and put 250 rounds through her! So far I have put 900 rounds through me Sig! Without a hic-up!

I even shot her one handed today and was actually pretty accurate!

Old 06-28-2010, 02:43 AM   #34

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftaco View Post
Went out again today and put 250 rounds through her! So far I have put 900 rounds through me Sig! Without a hic-up!

I even shot her one handed today and was actually pretty accurate!
Since you have asked, keep your head up and bring the sights to you, not your head down or cockeyed to your sights. Drooping your head could cost you in the long run.

Then again, if it works...don't mess with it.

Good shooting, no matter what I say...

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-03-2010, 12:41 PM   #35

watched your video, nice shooting.

whenever i go to the range to actually train and not just mess around, i always focus on my stance, grip, and trigger control. this is not in order of importance (as they are all important), but in chronological order. i have the pistol and magazine sitting on the table in front of me, when i go to start i try to "set" my feet into a comfortable weaver stance. i try to replicate the same stance everytime. next comes grip, i notices that you have your index finger in front of the trigger guard. in my experience shooting like this leads to a horizontal pull and overall discomfort. i pick up the pistol, with no magazine, and open my right hand all the way seating the web between my thumb and index finger into the backstrap of the pistol, then and only then do i try getting my left hand situated. i generally place the tips of my left hand fingers in between or just in front of my right hand knuckles. if it feels at all wrong just put it back on the table and restart. then while im shooting i am always thinking about controlling my trigger pull.

of course there are other core parts of technique to work on, but i have found that these three are the most important for me to focus on.