Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Sig Mosquito

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 12:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Default Sig Mosquito

After picking it up last week it was field stripped and thoroughly cleaned and lubed with Mobil One synthetic. Slide was racked 200 times. Range today. 200 rds CCI Minimags - terrific, 100 rds Winchester Super X - terrific. Then 10 rds each of Winchester Bulk - horrible, Auila 36gr - horrible,CCI Velocitor - terrific, Federal Bulk Pack - great, Remington Golden Bullet - great. Had a couple of failure to fire but just recocked and they fired. I think I will be putting a lot of 22lr downrange. For me, I love my little Mosquito.

"Honey, can I buy another gun?" "Why another gun?" "I just figured out that I am two guns short of never enough!"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-03-2010, 01:35 AM   #2

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

congrats hollander...how accurate are those misquito's?...i was thinking about trying out one of these a few months back...but i went for a psl-54c rifle instead....if they are as accurate or (close) as the ruger markIII's i'd def. would love to own one! is it just me or does that auila ammo seem very dirty?

Old 06-03-2010, 10:43 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Actually Sigs recommends using the Mini Mags. That's a terrific firearm.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:16 AM   #4

m72law - I am still messing with the sights and since I have 68 yearold eyes, that makes it more difficult. I have never shot an MIII so I have no means to compare. I think the gun can be more accurate than me but I have to give it some time. For bad eyes, I do not like the sights. I wish it had night sights which would help a great deal. I may try to doctor them up with some Testors flourescent orange and some "hard as nails" nail polish over it. I will do some more testing with the gun including trying to steady it on the bench at the rance to see just how good it is.

"Honey, can I buy another gun?" "Why another gun?" "I just figured out that I am two guns short of never enough!"

Old 06-04-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

WHAT, a range report without pictures.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #6

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

I have a Mosquito as well as a P22 and both of them are fun plinkers. They are not intended to be target pistols and they really can't compete with the Rugers or the Buckmarks in that area. What they are is fun little guns...

Old 06-04-2010, 10:50 PM   #7

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

i hear that hollander...being able to see perfectly helps alot...i had the same prob with a few handguns...all had plain jane factory sights...i used some wal-mart bought glow in the dark flourescent orange/green paint... (hobby section).the 3 lil beeds i put on the sights dont glow in the dark but,it does make a big defrence when lining up those sights..i have about 1500rds w/over a dozen cleanings and the paint has bonded very well to the sights...have'nt had to touch'em up yet!

Old 06-05-2010, 12:08 AM   #8

m72law - thanks for the tip. I will give that a try before my next trip to the range. Anything to improve the vision of the sights is helpful. Be safe.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:31 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I have a Mosquito as well as a P22 and both of them are fun plinkers.
I too...but I'm going to trade off my P22 soon, just waiting for the next perfect gun to come in. I prefer the Sig over the Walther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
They are not intended to be target pistols and they really can't compete with the Rugers or the Buckmarks in that area. What they are is fun little guns...
True, but the Mosquitos are relatively accurate. The bulk ammo that I have found that works the best in my Mosquito is the Federal AutoMatch Target Grade Performance, ideal for semi-autos, 325 rounds per box for roughly 14 bucks at Wal*Mart. CCI also work great, but there sooo expensive.

Mosquito owners try a box of the Federal AutoMatch you'll be impressed.

Hollander congrats on the new Sig Mosquito, they are fun to shoot.
Mine goes with me everytime I go to the range.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:42 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just baught a Sig Mosquito not long ago and I was thinking of painting the sights like someone had mentioned but does anyone know what the sight cut is for the rear sights of the Mosquito? I heard it was supposed to have the sig cut but knowing my luck its a propriatary cut. I'd love to put some TruGlo TFO's on it.
I was going to call Sig and ask them but they wont be back until Monday morning.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.