Shooting through rolled down windows, would you? - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Shooting through rolled down windows, would you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2014, 02:47 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4887 Times on 2369 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Self inflicted vehicular bullet holes are the sign of a true sportsman.

People Like This 
Old 06-18-2014, 02:57 AM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Self inflicted vehicular bullet holes are the sign of a true sportsman.
exactly! why shoot a deer when you can shoot a vehicle instead?

Old 06-18-2014, 03:40 AM   #23

Liked 357 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Old 06-18-2014, 04:37 AM   #24
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2665 Times on 1297 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

Well here goes!
Mostly cool chicks dig it training that only pleased him. The real fact was that he has been watching too much TV and watching too many Movies. His Tactics S**ked!
He obviously has never seen or witnessed bullets zinging through cars from an aggressor!
The only place engaging multiple aggressors where he had cover was at the front of the car by the engine compartment from what I could see his angle to the target. And then he left that location to shoot through the window. He may have had some concealment but his legs were also exposed under the car! And when he was down on his knees reloading great place for an aggressor to skip a round or two under the car or straight through the car. Bottom line his ideas may have been cool to him but death in a real confrontation. If you do not believe it shoot through an old junk car sometime or watch it done at an LE Range. Bullets will rip through a car body most of the time like hot butter and strike a target on the opposite side as we do at the academy all the time. The engine area is the only reasonable place to be when it comes to a vehicle. Oh well hope he had fun becaus other than funtioning the weapon and acquiring the targets that was the only value of what he considered as great training.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 06-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #25

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

I stoped shooting that close to my truck along time ago. The ejected brass dings the crap out of the paint.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:02 AM   #26
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3356 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 710

I have seen it done at matches where a stage is begun inside a car or over a Car hood or Roof....not saying its something if like to try...

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
therukh Likes This 
Old 06-18-2014, 12:18 PM   #27
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1388 Times on 702 Posts
Likes Given: 1026

During the famous North Hollywood shootout the perps were targeting LAPD officers by firing under the patrol cars. IIRC, a number of cops suffered leg wounds.

People Like This 
Old 06-18-2014, 09:04 PM   #28

Liked 4887 Times on 2369 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
exactly! why shoot a deer when you can shoot a vehicle instead?
I have an uncle who put a 30.06 through the top of his pick up bed because he was using the other side as a rest, had his target beyond too low, and forgot about the height difference between his bore and his scope.

A few years back he had his son "my cousin" re paint the truck and I showed up to make sure that they DID NOT repair that bullet hole!

He was a bit surprised to see the freshly painted evidence still on his truck.

Tack
Old 06-18-2014, 10:48 PM   #29
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1725 Times on 1063 Posts
Likes Given: 9208

Did anyone else notice that he was also over exposing himself while aquireing sight picture around the back of the truck? He really needs to practice off hand shooting, and using his non-dominant eye.

I would never shoot through my own truck's, or any other truck's, cab as he did. Some parts of the cab have pretty heavy re-enforcement in them, and the chance of a ricochet is way to high. IMHO, he was taking a huge, and stupid risk. If you doubt this read about the assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan. The only bullet to hit him bounced off the door frame of the limo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_assassination_attempt#Shooting

On a side note, my old Crim Jus instruct was a retired Secret Service agent who was in that motorcade.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-18-2014, 11:09 PM   #30
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Did anyone else notice that he was also over exposing himself while aquireing sight picture around the back of the truck? He really needs to practice off hand shooting, and using his non-dominant eye.

I would never shoot through my own truck's, or any other truck's, cab as he did. Some parts of the cab have pretty heavy re-enforcement in them, and the chance of a ricochet is way to high. IMHO, he was taking a huge, and stupid risk. If you doubt this read about the assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan. The only bullet to hit him bounced off the door frame of the limo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_assassination_attempt#Shooting

On a side note, my old Crim Jus instruct was a retired Secret Service agent who was in that motorcade.

true for most reasons you stated, but Reagan's limo is not a good comparison due to the armor plating and protection those types of vehicles have. probably most rounds would have been deflected on the door frame of that car.

but i do agree with what you are trying to say and makes lots of sense.

another thing that a person needs to consider are the legalities of shooting at someone in a car, as a civilian. in most cases, i can see little reason for a civilian to ever have to fire upon a vehicle. IOW's, i feel a person better have a very good reason for doing so when questioned by LE why they did such a thing.