Shooting ranges in Illinois ? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Shooting ranges in Illinois ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 04:23 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

i think im thinking of mega sports but from what i can remember theres an indoor range at a gun store near fox valley mall gander mtn and a chucky cheese there range looked pretty big last time i went to the store (1-2 years ago)

Old 05-29-2012, 04:32 AM   #12

My buddy was at Article II/ Gunworld today and was shooting a S&W 500 , AR-15 .223 and a Mossberg 500 12 ga. He likes the place I haven't ha the time to check em out

Old 05-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I don't know the caliber restrcitions at the range, but I routinely see guys shooting ar15, 223 caliber, etc. I am sure they list it on their website. They also have a facebook page.if interested. Just my opinion that I think the guy named Keith over there is the best guy behind the counter. One thing I notice is that they need to sharpen up the customer service. They aren't rude or anything like that, just not the.most attentive at times.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:25 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I've been to gat guns, I'm in kinda the same area of you I bet. If you know where Crystal Lake is, they just opened up a new range called OnTarget. http://www.ontargetsite.com. They are a bit expensive though, but they have a 50yd indoor range for rifles, and a 25yrd (I think) handgun range. 12 lanes on each, so they are pretty big. The rifle range allows all calibers, except .50 BMG, I think they say they allow half loads for that one. If you don't want to go there, there is HP shooting center in McHenry. They are alright, they have a 50 ft range, for handguns and handgun calibered rifles. but every time I go there I need to scrub the inside of my nose because the filtration in that range sucks and there black s*** that gets in your nose. HP is the cheapest. Hoped this helped.

edit: If you do go to Ontarget get your ammo at walmart or somewhere cheaper, they are a tad expensive on the ammo too.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackofTrades
I've been to gat guns, I'm in kinda the same area of you I bet. If you know where Crystal Lake is, they just opened up a new range called OnTarget. http://www.ontargetsite.com. They are a bit expensive though, but they have a 50yd indoor range for rifles, and a 25yrd (I think) handgun range. 12 lanes on each, so they are pretty big. The rifle range allows all calibers, except .50 BMG, I think they say they allow half loads for that one. If you don't want to go there, there is HP shooting center in McHenry. They are alright, they have a 50 ft range, for handguns and handgun calibered rifles. but every time I go there I need to scrub the inside of my nose because the filtration in that range sucks and there black s*** that gets in your nose. HP is the cheapest. Hoped this helped.

edit: If you do go to Ontarget get your ammo at walmart or somewhere cheaper, they are a tad expensive on the ammo too.
Yea I on target is not that at and it's new I havn't been there yet but looks really nice. By the looks of the website they need to work out some bugs. F.Y.I I heard they check your bags and stuff before entering the range not a big fan of that

Old 06-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #16
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8503 Times on 5083 Posts
Likes Given: 11122

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbson View Post
Yea I on target is not that at and it's new I havn't been there yet but looks really nice. By the looks of the website they need to work out some bugs. F.Y.I I heard they check your bags and stuff before entering the range not a big fan of that
I have shot at GAT Guns several times. I have never had them check through my range bag. I bought a gun there, too and looked at many, MANY others there. The salesmen have been more than patient with me and there's one that remembers me and whenever I go back he asks how I like the Sig I bought and am I still thinking of buying that Henry rifle. I think it's a very nice place and you won't find a place around with more guns to sell. I think their prices are pretty fair, too. I have also been to The Bullet Stop Gun Shop in Loves Park. It is much smaller but family owned and helpful sales men. Their prices are a bit higher and their indoor range is a little disappointing.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbson View Post
I haven't had them do that to me, but I've read their range rules, and this pisses me off, but they don't allow hand loads. That might be why they check the bags. The reason why I will still go to them though is probably becuase their range is about 10 minutes away from me, and is the nicest one in the area. Everything else near me is 30 - 45 min away, and their ranges are shorter and not as well filtered.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:40 PM   #18

Liked 70 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 39

The way they talk most of Chicago is a shooting range.
I know it is hard to adjust the sights while doing a drive-by.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #19
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8503 Times on 5083 Posts
Likes Given: 11122

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 Man View Post
The way they talk most of Chicago is a shooting range.
I know it is hard to adjust the sights while doing a drive-by.
You don't use the sights in Chicago. You hold the gun sideways.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #20

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

because thats how it comes in the box lol^