Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Shooting with my little brother. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/shooting-my-little-brother-66866/)

naf84 06-21-2012 08:29 PM

Shooting with my little brother.

4 Attachment(s)
Just got back from the range shooing with my 13 year old little brother. We put 200 rounds through my P95. For his second time ever shooing, he does surprisingly well.

His: 10 rounds @ 10 yards...

And mine, last 5 of the day at 10 yards

Always a great time!

TimL2952 06-21-2012 09:03 PM

couple tips and a bunch more rounds and he should have it down. I don't know how you guys learned...looks like he has his stance heel to toe. I learned competitively...toe to toe and heel to heel shoulder width apart.

naf84 06-22-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy
couple tips and a bunch more rounds and he should have it down. I don't know how you guys learned...looks like he has his stance heel to toe. I learned competitively...toe to toe and heel to heel shoulder width apart.

Ya he's still kinda stiff. I always have to remind him to relax

jwpman 07-11-2012 04:16 AM

Nice! My little bro 14yrs old, and I were target practicing at the range at the house he did really well also. My older bro and our neighbor were checking the target and even after the safety meeting prior, he accidentally fired his 10/22 into the air. Thank god he remembered to point it up. Believe me he got an A chewing that you wouldn't believe. That's the gamers for ya no sense of reality.
:mad:

naf84 07-11-2012 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwpman
Nice! My little bro 14yrs old, and I were target practicing at the range at the house he did really well also. My older bro and our neighbor were checking the target and even after the safety meeting prior, he accidentally fired his 10/22 into the air. Thank god he remembered to point it up. Believe me he got an A chewing that you wouldn't believe. That's the gamers for ya no sense of reality.

Ya I remind him of the safety aspects everytime we go. He's been good so far!

winds-of-change 07-11-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy (Post 844672)

It looks to me like he's leaning against the counter to steady himself.

naf84 07-11-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change

It looks to me like he's leaning against the counter to steady himself.

He's not it's just a bad picture angle

Vikingdad 07-12-2012 03:53 AM

He could benefit from relaxing a bit and take a more natural and comfortable stance. Great job in getting him to shoot safely at his age, don't stop with the safety.

JTJ 07-12-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwpman (Post 866203)

What goes up usually comes down and people have been killed by stray bullets fired into the air. Finger off the trigger until down range and ready to shoot. Get a finger splint and if he does it again make him wear it all day or all week if necessary.

jwpman 07-16-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ (Post 867452)
What goes up usually comes down and people have been killed by stray bullets fired into the air. Finger off the trigger until down range and ready to shoot. Get a finger splint and if he does it again make him wear it all day or all week if necessary.

Thats what we have told him. I like your idea! He lives in the city so next time he's out here I'll do that!