Shooting My Elsie Aaar and My New Kimber
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Shooting My Elsie Aaar and My New Kimber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Shooting My Elsie Aaar and My New Kimber

Braved the cold weather yesterday to give my newest friends a little range time.
[IMG][/IMG]
Here's my shooting of my LCR from about 7 yards.

Kimber from 25 FT.

Kimber from 25 FT with 8 shots rapid fire. Please ignore the one flyer... And the holes in the carboard to the right were already there...

All in all, I am extremely pleased with my new purchases. The LCR was a pleasure to shoot and even some of the Hornady Critical Defense +P was pretty easy to control. I will be replacing my one Chip McCormack magazine with another Wilson Combat, it consistently jammed on the third and fourth round. Being used to shooting my 3" Kimber and my M&P 9mm, it's going to take some getting used to these two, but I think I would feel fairly safe carrying either. In fact the Elsie is sitting in my car right now (not allowed to carry it in the building during work). Both guns functioned perfectly except for the McCormack mag. I will say this was my first experience with American Eagle .45 ammo and I wasn't too impressed. Very dirty stuff.

‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
— Mahatma Ghandi, "Gandhi, An Autobiography", page 446

Last edited by kodiak1973; 02-08-2010 at 09:44 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Very good range report and I'm glad you like them. I have several McCormick shooting star mags and have had no problems out of them.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 02-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Good report. I used to like American Eagle ammunition, but it seems that the quality has diminished. I've really become a fan of Fiocchi.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-08-2010, 05:38 PM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Nice shooting Kodiak, but I am thinking you meant (7yards-21feet), not 7 feet shooting the LCR, right? If that was really 7 feet, I feel them shots all should have been a small grouping in and closer around that ten ringer sir!

All in all, very good shooting Kodiak, I see some DOA targets. Just watch your trigger pull, keep it a steady pull.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 02-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #5

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Very good range report and I'm glad you like them. I have several McCormick shooting star mags and have had no problems out of them.
Same here, and it's especially weird that the failures occurred in the 3rd or
4th round. Kodiak, after the FTF, did the rest of the rounds chamber properly?

Old 02-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #6

I had 5 rounds in the mag and it jammed on the 3rd and final round. The Eagle Ammo I was using was older and may have played a part. I'll try it again next time I'm at the range.

‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’

Old 02-09-2010, 12:44 AM   #7

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak1973 View Post
I had 5 rounds in the mag and it jammed on the 3rd and final round. The Eagle Ammo I was using was older and may have played a part. I'll try it again next time I'm at the range.
Okay, that means the 3rd round jammed, the 4th fed, and the 5th jammed.

Chip McCormick mags are some of the best around and I've gone through many of them without a problem. Try it again and, if the problem persists, let us know! Good luck.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:05 PM   #8

So, I know it's been a bit but I dragged my Kimber up to Wisconsin with me since i was going to be stuck in a hotel for 2 weeks. I went to a local indoor range after work Friday and shot about 100 rounds. The Kimber just keeps getting better and better. Even tried some 25 yard stuff and it didn't disappoint.

One funny thing. The guy in the next station was showing off for his girlfriend with what looked like a 9mm Hi Point. As soon as I started shooting, his girlfriend askes, "How come his are so close together and so much louder than yours?" I had to take a break I was trying to not laugh. The guy slowed down and actually started grouping a little better but they packed up and left pretty quickly. Chick was kind of cute too..

Anyway, my silly story for today.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:11 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Lol!
.45---- Swingin' past your knees for over 100 years!

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 02-28-2010, 11:30 PM   #10

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
Lol!
.45ACP---- Swingin' past your knees for over 100 years!
That's Sig worthy right there... LOL