Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Second time at the range (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/second-time-range-21000/)

slip 12-11-2009 05:14 AM

Second time at the range
 
So it was my second time at the range, and my first time shooting a 1911. It was a 1911 Remington Mil Spec that my friend just got.

Anyway, his magazines only held 7 so I worked with it. I'm still trying to figure out what works best for me regarding stance and hand placement, but this was literally the first 7 rounds that I've ever shot in .45 acp, let alone a 1911.

This was at 35 ft. 4 in the orange :)
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...210-1927-2.jpg
:) I don't know why I had a straggler at the bottom, maybe it was pulled? :D

CA357 12-11-2009 06:54 AM

I'm glad you had a chance to try a 1911.

Are you sure it was a Remington? If so, a Remington Rand from WWII can be quite valuable.

spittinfire 12-11-2009 10:09 AM

So what did you think of the 1911?

slip 12-11-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 197821)
I'm glad you had a chance to try a 1911.

Are you sure it was a Remington? If so, a Remington Rand from WWII can be quite valuable.

Yes I'm sure. He inherited it from his grandpa or something along those lines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 197836)
So what did you think of the 1911?

I love them. I made a thread about 2 1911's that I'm caught between; the Kimber Warrior and the SA Operator.

:)

Dillinger 12-11-2009 06:34 PM

If that is a REAL Remington Rand, you need to bitchslap your friend and take the weapon from him, clean it up and put it in an air tight gun case. That is a collector's item if it is even in decent shape. They are pretty rare.

Glad you like the platform. Hard to find another one that is as good, or can do what it can do, though people have been trying for the last 100 years. :cool:

JD

slip 12-12-2009 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 198049)
If that is a REAL Remington Rand, you need to bitchslap your friend and take the weapon from him, clean it up and put it in an air tight gun case. That is a collector's item if it is even in decent shape. They are pretty rare.

Glad you like the platform. Hard to find another one that is as good, or can do what it can do, though people have been trying for the last 100 years. :cool:

JD

Lol. How can I tell if it is indeed a rand?

CA357 12-12-2009 05:51 AM

It should have Remington Rand rollmarked on the Slide. It should also say Property of U.S.

slip 12-18-2009 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 198360)
It should have Remington Rand rollmarked on the Slide. It should also say Property of U.S.

It's official.
Remington Rand
United States Property no.2215601
M1911A1 US ARMY

Slawth 12-21-2009 02:10 AM

Nah. That thing is just some ol' piece of crap build by a typewriter company. I'll give your buddy $800 for it just because I'm feeling generous and he can go out and buy a nice, new 1911. PM me pics to verify condition and we'll make a deal...

:D:D;)

slip 12-21-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slawth (Post 202461)
Nah. That thing is just some ol' piece of crap build by a typewriter company. I'll give your buddy $800 for it just because I'm feeling generous and he can go out and buy a nice, new 1911. PM me pics to verify condition and we'll make a deal...

:D:D;)

Ha ha. I made him aware of his collector's piece, but he doesn't seem to really understand.

Oh well. You win some you lose some right?


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:56 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.