SE Virginia.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > SE Virginia.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default SE Virginia.

Sorry folks, but this is a report about a range, not a firearm. Work was rained out today, so my plan was to drive to Norfolk, VA and check on some gel-coat work on my friend's boat, then stop by at the range where I am a member to bust some caps on the way home. When I found the street the boat shop is on, I noticed a firing range which I'd never heard of. Met with the guy doing the repairs to the boat, and then went to the mystery Boom Room.
The first thing I noticed was that there weren't people standing in line waiting for a lane. In fact, there was no one there but me and the proprietor. I introduced myself, told him I'd had no idea the place was there, and told him what I wanted to do. I had to surrender my holster (Understandable), sign a waiver, read the range rules, and then got a guided tour of the place. Spacious, clean, with 12 ea. 50' lanes. Lighting is great, sound-damping is greater, and everything worked. Prices are reasonable. Range fee, 2 boxes of PMC 9mm and two targets came to about $46.00. It's close to major thoroughfares and lots of other attractions.
If you're heading to Norfolk for anything, check this place out.
Shooter's of Tidewater, Inc.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Good find for those in that area.

Sorry, but I just cringe when I hear about range fees and the extras. I am spoiled by being able to shoot just outside my door...

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Good find for those in that area.

Sorry, but I just cringe when I hear about range fees and the extras. I am spoiled by being able to shoot just outside my door...
Just one more PITA associated with living in the city... There's plenty of neighborhoods in the area where people DO shoot just outside their door, but it always seems to involve helicopters and K-9's and all that stuff.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."