Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Russian AK47 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/russian-ak47-23614/)

deathkricket 02-20-2010 05:05 AM

Russian AK47

3 Attachment(s)
Ok this will be a weird report, i just picked up a russian AK47, 1k rounds and a few misc items. I went to a new range today and when i pulled up there were some tacticool ninja delta snipers in full body armor and the works cartwheeling and flipping around their truck shooting targets so i had only a corner of the gravel pit to shoot it, that being said i forgot my range sticks so i had to lay my targets on the back wall of the pit and after a few hundred rounds the papers were shredded to small bits so i threw my thermos king out there and put 2 mags threw it, the rest of the rounds were at random objects. The AK47 shoots like bread and butter, it required no sight adjustments and was very very fun to shoot. After a few hundred rounds i did however have to tighten the front wood back down, and after a 15 to 20 rounds burst(which was easy to hold on the targets) i would have to stop and let the smoke blow away to see again.To any one who is thinking about buying one i highly recommend as they are mounds of fun to shoot.All the targets and my thermos was placed around 80 to 90 yards out.

DrumJunkie 02-20-2010 05:19 AM

I have an under folder (Yugo) that I just love to shoot any time I get the chance. I want to get another one with wood on it too. I had a WASR but traded it of a while back and miss it every day now.

Looks like you killed that thermos real good.:D

GreyEclipse 02-20-2010 05:32 AM

Have you shot a Saiga in 7.62x39?

If so then how does it compare?

DrumJunkie 02-20-2010 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyEclipse (Post 233226)
Have you shot a Saiga in 7.62x39?

If so then how does it compare?

Saiga are really nice..At least everyone I seen was.

deathkricket 02-20-2010 05:44 AM

The 7.62 saga has the same set up so im pretty sure its the same although i cannot speak for their reliability as i have never put one to the test. i paid $500 for my ak47 brand new and it comes with the Russian bayonet, and all the military gear they get for their riffle.(and a manual in Russian)

GreyEclipse 02-20-2010 06:02 AM

Sounds like you gotta sweet deal. Nice range report.
And thanks for the quick reply. Have fun with that rifle.

yesicarry 02-20-2010 07:03 PM

That is one dead thermos !! Sorry I couldn't go. Had to do the family thing.

AND ended up in the hospital as I am still here. Hopefully get out soon. Will call ya when I get home..

Mike

Shihan 02-21-2010 01:23 AM

Sounds like one fun filled day. Them AK's are a Blast to shoot.

May want to look into some Metal Mags.

deathkricket 02-21-2010 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shihan (Post 233542)

May want to look into some Metal Mags.

i bought 2 40 round metal mags and 1 10 round mag and the suck super bad,like 2 or 3 rounds will just pop out of them when it cycles a round, out of 40 rounds i managed to get maybe 4 off without a double feed, the plastic mags i had 0 problems with and they work like a charm, and they don't dent when dropped.

zhuk 03-02-2010 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathkricket (Post 233217)
I went to a new range today and when i pulled up there were some tacticool ninja delta snipers in full body armor and the works cartwheeling and flipping around their truck shooting targets

Damn, isn't that always the way? :rolleyes: lol

Hey I enjoyed your report (pathetic sucker for all things AK as I am lol)

Nice pics too...I can only dream of inflicting such carnage :)