Ruger SR9c range time
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Ruger SR9c range time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ruger SR9c range time

Hi friends! I treated my father to a range trip today to try out our pair of shiny new Ruger SR9cs we got a couple of weeks ago.

We both put 200 rounds through each though the Ruger, and we had no problems whatsoever. I finally got this weapon after a lot of research and meditation, and I am very pleased with my purchase. I was a bit apprehensive because I had never fired a gun that small before so it was a slight gamble that fortunately went in my favor. The recoil is super manageable, and with the full length 17 round magazine in there it was very accurate (I am by no means a sharpshooter). My dad preferred the shorter magazine WITH the pinky extension, but I got used to it with the flat base plate on (less printing when carrying that way, I think) I got it as a nice CCW and I think it will fill that role perfectly.

I noticed when my dad was firing that it does have quite a muzzle flash. I personally think its a cool looking effect as I have a 1911 for HD in low light purposes, but it is something to note if you were thinking about picking one up to pull duty as a home defense weapon.

Unfortunately, no pics this time around . I'll be sure to snap a few shots next time!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #2

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Sounds like a good day for you and pops. I like those family shooting traditions. Keep it up!

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-25-2012, 10:55 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks for the range report. Good to see you guys had a great time.