Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Ruger SR9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Ruger SR9

I took the new SR9 to the range yesterday--I had recently purchased it for $350 at a gunshow (new). I put about 250 rounds, 115gr ball, 124gr ball, and Rem 124gr Golden Sabre through it without any hiccups. When I concentrated the accuracy seemed to be on par with my other 9mms, but will need more testing for that. I must say that this is probably the most pleasant to shoot 9mm I've ever used. I had my CZ75B there also, which was the comfort champion before, and I couldn't believe how nice the SR9 felt. I switched back and forth several times just to verify it, but it actually felt better than the CZ75. Not sure why--maybe the grip angle or polymer or something? My only issue with the SR9 is the stiff trigger (it is the re-designed model) but hopefully that will lighten up some with use. Sorry no pictures--I'm not digital friendly yet...

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #2

I just got the SR9c and I m with you its a wonderful gun to shoot.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Some guns fit some people better, IMO the CZ-75B is the most comfortable, fun 9mm i have ever shot. High power would be a close second. But as far as tupperware guns go the SR9 is hella ergonomic. Almost as nice as a colt...

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 04-30-2010, 01:20 PM   #4

there are a lots of guns in the market still i love to shoot with a Winchester Model 70 (pre-1964)

Old 04-30-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

I liked my SR9, great shooter and very comfortable, until I sent it in to get the trigger recall fixed. I preferred the original trigger. I can't stand the Glocky trigger safety mechanism thingy. May seem inconsequential but it's bugs me.