Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Range Report (
-   -   Ruger SR 22 (

Fisherking 05-04-2010 03:51 PM

Ruger SR 22
well I was able to sight in my riffle at 50 yards and it is not to bad. at 50 yrds with rem golden bullits I was able to hold about a 3/4 " group and with Rem reg velosity target bullits I was able to hold a 1" group.
Sorry no pics my camra phone is down.
It shot realy well with no hicups till I used the Buttler creak hi cap mag and then it had FTFs. I used some dry fine Grafite and this cured the problem.
I'm shure that this gun is capable ot tighter groups, but I just have to find the right amunition.
I realy like the fit and finish on this gun, and with the 10/22 action that is proven reliable and will eat anything you feed it it gets an A- from me. I might up the grading once I find some amo that reduces the the size of the groups.

signofbarsoom 05-05-2010 03:52 AM

Sounds like your having fun with it! Too bad about your phone. Love to see some pics.

Gojubrian 05-05-2010 07:49 AM

That's great shooting! I'm pretty surprised at those results. :cool:

Fisherking 05-05-2010 12:12 PM

There were a few fliers but all in all it held to what I stated. 30 rounds with each type of amo about five fliers each, and the fliers were to put the groups at 2 ".

Txhillbilly 05-06-2010 02:57 AM

You gotta just like the 10/22-all types. Those little guns can shoot great with the right ammo,you just have to find out what they like to eat.

Fisherking 05-06-2010 03:46 PM

Oh by the way that was benched not free hand.
I picked up some cci reg velocity rounds to see how they fair.

Fisherking 05-11-2010 07:00 PM

I tryed some fed eagles and they would hold about 1/2 inchright to left, but I found that they would string verticalyabout 3/4-1 inch,

hunter Joe 05-11-2010 09:39 PM

No matter what size groups your shooting, having fun is most important. If your not having fun shooting, it's time to take-up needle point or baking.

Be safe and shoot straight, Joe

Fisherking 05-12-2010 12:17 PM

I hear ya there. For me getting the most acuacy out of a gun is one of the most fun parts. once I work up a load or get the gun shooting the best that I can it's time to find a new project. It keeps my wife crazy and me looking for a new gun.:rolleyes:
The one nice thing abot a 22 is that it is cheap on amo to improve my skill shooting free hand prone ect. knowing that it is me and not the gun saves a lot of second gessing and shows where I need to work on to improve my skill as a shooter.