Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > RRA National Match A2 300yds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 03:04 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5272 Times on 2748 Posts
Likes Given: 333

Default RRA National Match A2 300yds

Today i finally got a chance to shoot without interruptions or other obligations. all shots were at 300yds open sights

ammo:
sierra 69grn bthp
powder 24.2grn varget
cases various mixed
primer wolf 5.56

conditions:
sunny to partly cloudy
humidity post thunderstorm moderate (dont have a humidity gauge)
temp 85f
wind <1mph left to right

the rifle: RRA national match A2 with 1/4x1/4 windage elevation barrel is a 20inch air gauged cryo treated 1:8 twist on a RRA lower with RRA chome 2 stage trigger. further info on the rifle can be found in this thread: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/rock-river-arms-national-match-a2-first-impressions-45435/

view of the target from the bench at 300yds:

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-21-2011, 03:06 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

getting the jitters out with sight in. first group is way low second 3 shot string is a little higher as i fine tune the sights

getting closer to zero not doing too badly at this point

im exceedingly pleased as one 3 shot string was about .8 moa not an easy feat at that distance. finally got it dead nuts on

six 10s and one flier in the 9 ring due to faulty sight picture

i LOVE this setup. i wish i had this rifle in the army!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-21-2011, 03:16 AM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Outstanding shooting Jon and nice looking AR!

Old 08-21-2011, 03:19 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Good shooting Jon! That's an AR I could love and I'm not an AR guy.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-21-2011, 03:22 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

at this point im seriously considering their flattop version as a dedicated scoped upper.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:29 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I can certainly see why. Would you just interchange uppers or would it be a different rifle?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-21-2011, 03:35 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I can certainly see why. Would you just interchange uppers or would it be a different rifle?
just a different upper. the fit on rra upper/lower is crazy tight. my lower is a standard rra lower the upper is their nm upper and i dont see how the fit could be smoother or tighter. my 458 socom upper fits just as tight.

still missing the bolt catch its on order though. broke it last weekend. pita today without it.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:23 AM   #8

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Good shooting with open sights at 300 yards

Old 08-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #9
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1113 Times on 642 Posts
Likes Given: 521

Great shooting,Jon.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:04 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
Good shooting with open sights at 300 yards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Great shooting,Jon.
thanks gonna try it using w748 for it also going to take the SA M1A loaded