Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Rounds per hour at the range (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/rounds-per-hour-range-92775/)

KingGlamis 06-24-2013 01:30 AM

Rounds per hour at the range

Wife and I were at the range yesterday in Tempe, AZ and it occurred to me that paying by the hour allowed us to better gauge how much we shoot. Shooting outdoors we usually shoot for 3-4 hours and don't really care how many rounds we shoot. However, at the indoor range we planned to share a lane for only an hour and I thought beforehand that we really wouldn't shoot that many rounds. We were doing normal "practice" shooting, not just blasting off rounds quickly. I was kind of surprised that we went through roughly 300 rounds of 9mm and 50 rounds of .22LR in just an hour. Not that I care how many rounds we shoot, other than it being kind of difficult to replenish the stash, but I thought it was interesting shooting for only an hour allowed us to measure the rounds per hour.

Anyone else measure how much you shoot at the range (or outdoors)?

c3shooter 06-24-2013 01:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I usually take what I intend to shoot. Then stop.

Attachment 107259

:p

winds-of-change 06-24-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1284870)
Well, I usually take what I intend to shoot. Then stop.

Attachment 107259

:p

I want to shoot one of those.

JW357 06-24-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingGlamis
Wife and I were at the range yesterday in Tempe, AZ and it occurred to me that paying by the hour allowed us to better gauge how much we shoot. Shooting outdoors we usually shoot for 3-4 hours and don't really care how many rounds we shoot. However, at the indoor range we planned to share a lane for only an hour and I thought beforehand that we really wouldn't shoot that many rounds. We were doing normal "practice" shooting, not just blasting off rounds quickly. I was kind of surprised that we went through roughly 300 rounds of 9mm and 50 rounds of .22LR in just an hour. Not that I care how many rounds we shoot, other than it being kind of difficult to replenish the stash, but I thought it was interesting shooting for only an hour allowed us to measure the rounds per hour.

Anyone else measure how much you shoot at the range (or outdoors)?

Sometimes. I like to know approximately how many rounds ice put through all my guns.

therewolf 06-24-2013 11:10 AM

Now that I reload, I am more careful about returning

the shot rounds to their original boxes. If you don't

reload, it's a great way to get a couple bucks for

used shells on the back end.

flybuddy 06-30-2013 04:33 PM

When I take my 2 kids we wind up shooting about 500 rds total on 2 lanes in about an hour (mostly 22). 2 days ago, My 11 year old daughter is shooting her single shot Cricket rifle with stock iron sights and is nailing the bullseye at indoor max distance (25 yards)..The guy in the next lane leans over, asks her age and tells me how good she is. I look over at his setup and he's got a large caliber rifle with a huge scope and bipod. He's shooting at a handgun target placed about 12 yards out and there's nothing on the target that resembles a group. I thought about asking if he wanted my daughter to give him lessons but I kept my mouth shut.