Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Report: Sprincfield XD 45 ACP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 01:06 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Good shootin for not doing it for a long time. What's with the grouping to the left of the neck/shoulder area with the XD? I'm not picking. I'm saying keep up the practice, and you will never see that again.
That was when I was working on where to get the sight picture,I noticed the shots were to the left and low, si I noticed that I was only putting the tip of my finger on the trigger, I then corrected and started putting the pad of my finger to the first knuckle, that corrected the left part, then instead of taking a course bead like xd manual said, I started taking a fine bead, then It shot where I was aiming.With a course sight picture, it would hit low, with a fine bead it was dead on.This was basically a what are you doing wrong and correct shoot. Any way, some of it was two handed, one handed right and left.

Hope I explained what I was trying to do.

Layton

Old 08-14-2009, 01:37 AM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
That's a dead bad guy all day long in these parts layton. Some trigger time and you will be tightening those groups up and putting them all in the killzone.

Looks like you got yourself a keeper in that XD. How was the .45 recoil for you? What you were expecting? Better?

JD
To me the recoil was not an issue at all, really to me less than the 1911, it was sweet firing all the way. I like the round in chamber indicator, when I pick it up, have got in the habit of putting my forefinger up to check it as I bring it to me, also like the manual thumb safty, got into the habit of automaticaly checking when my hand closes around it when I get ready to carry it to the car, and I likr the indicator of it being cocked just by looking at the back of the slide, also easy to notice as you are firing. I also have a Lasermax on the rail, it is adjusted that where the pulse is that is where it hits. Also have a target where I was point shooting with it at ranges from 5 to 50 yards with it, not really concerned about point shooting or shooting 25/50 yards though, more concerned with up close and personal to 5/10 yards.

The XD will be my house/car weapon, and the Taurus will be my carry weapon, the XD with the lasermax on it wont fit in the carry holster in the picture, but getting used to the Taurus in the holster around the house, I even forget I even have it on, was surprised how comfortable it is. And the Taurus does not even print when I have it on.

Just curious, has any one else used the deep concealment holster?
Gun Concealment holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster

Layton

Old 08-14-2009, 02:40 AM   #23

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Whatever you were doing, it seems like you know what you were doing. Keep up with the practice. Anyway, I sure would not want to be the bump in the night that makes you take up arms. I love life.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-14-2009, 10:13 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Whatever you were doing, it seems like you know what you were doing. Keep up with the practice. Anyway, I sure would not want to be the bump in the night that makes you take up arms. I love life.
Thank you sir, appreciate it, I just want to be all I can be, and do dry fire drawing practice at least once a day, it is one thing to just shoot at the range, it is another to do all that is required when you need it to do it without thinking.

You knpw, some of what I was taught so so long age is coming back to me, and I thought while they were teaching me that I would never remember any of it, but I am doing some of it automatically now and it surprises me that I remembered it at all.

LAYTON