Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Range trip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 07:18 AM   #1
jyo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Range trip

Went to the club range yesterday---had planned for it to just be the wife and I---she mentioned a couple of girlfriends who had expressed interest in shooting. So I said sure, bring 'em along---two girls in their mid-30s or so---they had never fired a gun before---time for one of my favorites; a minty Remington Nylon 66 and a couple of bricks of CCI Blazer 22 bulk ammo (I had bought a bunch over the years, so no ammo shortage here). We quickly got thru the basics of safety and started shooting at clay birds sat-out on the berm 40 yards out---they paid attention to instructions and were soon breaking birds and then small pieces of birds---a very successful, fun couple of hours and two more new shooters! The little Nylon 66 behaved itself with no issues of any sort---they both want 22 rifles---I had to explain that my rifle was older then either of them, but we would find them a 10-22 on sale soon as the Remington has been out of production for decades...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1160 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 469

Good deal, neighbor. I have a Nylon 66 in the safe also, they are good plinkers.