Range Review & Pics
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Range Review & Pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 05:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Range Review & Pics

Handgun: Springfield Mil Spec SS 1911
Ammo: Magtech Range Ammo

Very impressed overall with the Springfield's performance. Trigger pull felt normal for a 1911. Only thing i didn't like (which is why i'll be replacing the trigger) is that the face of the trigger is thinner than I'd like. That's while shooting at the range though, and nitpicking about things I would change. In the heat of a confrontation I wouldn't give a damn about the width of the trigger. As far as being a reliable weapon it's 100%. The 200 rounds of Magtech ran through her without one failure, which is more than I can say of even my Sig Sauer Scorpion, which had a few failures while breaking in. It's just a raw 1911, meat and potatoes... everything you need, nothing you MIGHT not want (external extractor, ambi safety, etc.) I love the fact that it's a steel frame and slide, not cast. The VZ grips felt great. I was also running the rounds through a Wilson 47d mag and one of my Sig mags... neither had any issues. Bottom line, great pistol. The quality far exceeds the value which is more than you can ask for. If you can find one ( good luck ), then i highly suggest it. Great feel, great gun.

photo1.jpg   photo.jpg   photo-7.jpg  

Sig Sauer Scorpion 1911
S.A. Mil Spec SS 1911
STI Spartan 3.0 1911
Colt Commander 1911
CZ Rami Sub Comp. 9mm

The smell of carbon excites me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Great job SlightlyAddicted!

I posted a copy over here in the RR Section.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello