Range Respect - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Range Respect

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 04:59 AM   #51
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7339 Times on 4415 Posts
Likes Given: 9052

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
He did some hazing on ya huh? That's funny!

If you're on the way, drive slow, we don't shoot 'til Friday!! And bring "Maggie", I have a friend for her!! ("Mickey")
I'm bringing Maggie and Minnie..........and lots of ammo.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #52

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1992d View Post
I wasnt sure if it was sarcasm or not but i had an idea. I meant no offense by that and agree with you.
None taken.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-08-2012, 04:59 AM   #53

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The OP should understand that when someone is shooting, the last thing on their mind is where their brass is going. If it bothers you so much then SPEAK UP bud. Just be polite and let em know, you'd be surprised how many will actually adjust so their brass is not flying in your face. "An armed society is a polite society" I've had a couple people tell me my brass was hitting them and i apologized and modified my position so that it wasn't, problem solved and it really is that simple. If the guy decides to be a jerk about it then either tell the RO or leave. It's a public range, s*** WILL happen but i don't complain about it because my other option is to shell out 350 a year for a membership at a club where i don't have to deal with the b.s. but i'm out 350/year (thats a lot of ching, i've never even come close to spending that much at the public range in a year) Also lesson learned wear safety glasses..... always.

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Old 02-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #54
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1221 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 587

The public range that I go to has wire partitions bolted to the sides of each shooting bench to help keep brass from flying over into the next shooting lane.
It works pretty good for most rifles that fling brass around.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 02-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #55

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
The public range that I go to has wire partitions bolted to the sides of each shooting bench to help keep brass from flying over into the next shooting lane.

Those all look like they are set up for left handed shooters. Are my eyes playing tricks on me?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 357 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Those all look like they are set up for left handed shooters. Are my eyes playing tricks on me?
Frm the angle they do, but if you sat down at the second bench from the camera, it would be on your right side.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #57

Default table

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post

It depends on which side of the table you are on. Things are not always as they seem. Sometimes you have to look very closely at the situation.
cottontop

Old 02-11-2012, 01:01 AM   #58

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

The only range I shoot that doesn't have any sort of walls or screens to stop the brass is a military range and there people don't usually mind if they get hit by brass. At my clubs range there are walls between the booths, so this isn't a problem. At the military range most shoot semi-auto rifles so I expect to be hit with some brass and the blast from muzzle brakes so it doesn't bother me but at my clubs range I expect some courtesy towards other shooters.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:40 AM   #59
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8500 Times on 4919 Posts
Likes Given: 11051

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post

Savage model 25 in the foreground?

Old 02-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #60
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1221 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Yes,those are LH benches.That range only has those 3 for lefties,all the others are RH benches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Savage model 25 in the foreground?

No,My friend Ryan assembled that rifle from a Stevens 200-270 Winchester.
It's a Stevens 200 action,with an Adams & Bennet 20" threaded 308 Winchester barrel,and a Choate Ultimate Sniper stock.I gave him an old Bushnell scope that was on a rifle that I traded for.
For a cheap little thrown together rifle,it shoots pretty good.If he can ever afford some decent glass for it,he should be really surprised with it.

The other 2 rifles in the pic are mine. Savage 10FCP and 12FLV-308's

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club