Range Respect - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Range Respect

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 03:16 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts

At my range there are points for semi autos.. About every 4 spots.. They use the support beams and make a net on the side do it hits that and just drops on your table... When I shoot my ak it doesnt even matter since those things go like 30ft away to the front right of me..

Old 02-07-2012, 03:14 AM   #42

Liked 57 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop
quote of deleted post. Deleted
I did not know you had to put a period at the end of a sentence in quotations. You learn something every day

Last edited by JonM; 02-07-2012 at 03:30 AM. Reason: edited for quoting deleted post

Old 02-07-2012, 04:07 AM   #43
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8448 Times on 5050 Posts
Likes Given: 11007

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
All I can say is I don't know how you guys do it, shoot with the general public. I realize for a lot of you there is no other option but from what I've read here, experiences shooting at a public range seem to be about 50/50, good and bad. If I ever get a place big enough to host a lot of shooters, I'm having every daggone one of you over for rifles and ribs, pistols and pork chops, revolvers and....tacos? We'll save the beer 'til the ammo runs out...
I'm getting in my car and heading out to your place now.

I went shooting with JonM once. I noticed when we sat down to shoot he chose the lane to my left. After about 10 minutes I said, "Why am I in the line of your spent brass?" Jon just grinned.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:23 AM   #44

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I hate those slobs who shoot semi autos. They are loud and have no place an a public range. Come on guys take your POS semi autos home we don't want them at public ranges. We don't go to public ranges to put up w/ the public and such disrespect. I'm there to shoot my one round every 15 seconds out of my museum piece and don't want it dinged up. I won't even start on the hot brass that is as sharp as most knifes in my kitchen. I shouldn't have to wear eye and ear protection at a shooting range and wouldn't have to if it wasn't for those obnoxious autos.

I know I am the minority but who cares I'm entitled regardless... The public should conform to my way of thinking. Why should I have to suffer!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-07-2012, 04:26 AM   #45

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I'm getting in my car and heading out to your place now.

I went shooting with JonM once. I noticed when we sat down to shoot he chose the lane to my left. After about 10 minutes I said, "Why am I in the line of your spent brass?" Jon just grinned.
He did some hazing on ya huh? That's funny!

If you're on the way, drive slow, we don't shoot 'til Friday!! And bring "Maggie", I have a friend for her!! ("Mickey")

Last edited by vincent; 02-07-2012 at 04:36 AM.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:28 AM   #46
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I hate those slobs who shoot semi autos. They are loud and have no place an a public range. Come on guys take your POS semi autos home we don't want them at public ranges. We don't go to public ranges to put up w/ the public and such disrespect. I'm there to shoot my one round every 15 seconds out of my museum piece and don't want it dinged up. I won't even start on the hot brass that is as sharp as most knifes in my kitchen. I shouldn't have to wear eye and ear protection at a shooting range and wouldn't have to if it wasn't for those obnoxious autos.

I know I am the minority but who cares I'm entitled regardless... The public should conform to my way of thinking. Why should I have to suffer!?
Is my M1 Garand OK at your range?

Old 02-07-2012, 04:31 AM   #47

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Is my M1 Garand OK at your range?
Hell no! Your world changing, high quality, battle proven rifle will ding up my museum piece. I suggest you purchase some land as to not disrupt my shooting at a PUBLIC RANGE where I know others will be and quite possibly not partake in my style of shooting. How dare they.

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-07-2012, 04:39 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Just becuase you have a semi auto dosent make you a slob.. I shoot my AR15 at the range every weekend aswell as my 22 semi and 12ga semi. I tell anyone that sits beside me that brass will be going faster than my bolt rifle and offer to switch them sides if they dont want to deal with it. And i dont know if your saying the semi is loud or the people shooting them are loud but either way im always respectfull of the people around me and dont yell or do anything obnoxious to upset them and its up to what your shooting when you talk about how loud a gun is. My 22semi is quite as a mouse but my AR is another story. That being said my BOLT 270 is louder than them all. The puplic range is public for a reason anyone can go and have a good time with whatever gun they want. If you dont like that buy a piece of land and shoot alone. Or just somply dont sit next to someone letting the brass fly.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:55 AM   #49

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1992d View Post
Just becuase you have a semi auto dosent make you a slob.. I shoot my AR15 at the range every weekend aswell as my 22 semi and 12ga semi. I tell anyone that sits beside me that brass will be going faster than my bolt rifle and offer to switch them sides if they dont want to deal with it. And i dont know if your saying the semi is loud or the people shooting them are loud but either way im always respectfull of the people around me and dont yell or do anything obnoxious to upset them and its up to what your shooting when you talk about how loud a gun is. My 22semi is quite as a mouse but my AR is another story. That being said my BOLT 270 is louder than them all. The puplic range is public for a reason anyone can go and have a good time with whatever gun they want. If you dont like that buy a piece of land and shoot alone. Or just somply dont sit next to someone letting the brass fly.
My point exactly. My posts were 100% sarcasm to prove a point. A public range is there for the public and most of the public shoots semi autos. Therefore the guy w/ the single shot worried about getting it dinged up should go somewhere else instead of complaining about it on an open forum and calling people names.

Quote:

Old 02-07-2012, 04:58 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

My point exactly. My posts were 100% sarcasm to prove a point. A public range is there for the public and most of the public shoots semi autos. Therefore the guy w/ the single shot worried about getting it dinged up should go somewhere else instead of complaining about it on an open forum and calling people names.
I wasnt sure if it was sarcasm or not but i had an idea. I meant no offense by that and agree with you.