Range Respect - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Range Respect

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #31
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8453 Times on 4897 Posts
Likes Given: 11020

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyshooter View Post
vikingdad
I want to come your club and educate this guy what a douche bag!!!
Yeah, he needs an education, but although I know I have met him in the past he doesn't shoot on public days. As a non-member there is little I can do and my buddy who is a member is more inclined to just roll with it. I guess the guy will throw you out of the club if you raise too much of a stink. They already have made some rules about the number of guests a member can have at one time because my buddy would invite me and my two kids along with three or four other guests to the bi-annual barbecues. They now limit it to 4 guests maximum. (oh, and he was paying for each guest!). Now I just "fill in" for as many openings my buddy might have (I go as his guest all year long so its no big deal.)

Old 02-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 728 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 756

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
The range i attend has screens to bolt to the bench which prevents brass chucking. The real issue are the jerks with 16" 308 ar15s with a compensator. The concussion from those things is tooth jarring for 3 benches left and right.

In the summer when those tards are out i take my m44 mosin and return fire heh. I usually wait till they are making scope adjustments to crank a few off. I really need to get a compensator for that thing...

I had a gentleman sit to my left at the range. I was shooting my 1907 M96 at a leisurely pace. He pulls out an M4 clone and started dousing my and the next person w/ brass. I politely asked him to tone it down. He laughed and inserted anothger mag. I told the guy to the right to wait a minute as this guy would be leaving. So I pulled out my Cetme and 3 20 round mags, slide back so he was even w/ the flash suppressor and went to town. He left when I loaded the 2nd mag in. I fired that mag and asked the guy to my right if he wanted to try it. He did and was laughing afterwards. He said the look on the guys face when I touched off the 1st round was total shock. After a few he stepped off the firing line. The 24/47 works well also w/ Turk ammo.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #33

I was at the same range today and talked to the range master. He said he could not put up a screen because it blocked his view of the line. He also said that I should learn to duck. What an idiot. So, being a cigar smoker, I just decided that the next guy who flings brass at me will get a continuous flow of smoke blown at him from the strongest stogie I have. How's that for a mature reaction?
cottontop

Last edited by cottontop; 02-01-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

As i have mentioned, i am not a regular range visitor; i have access to pastures and such. I am however strongly considering finding the largest purple butterfly net i can get on the off chance that i get to an actual range. I can annoy the annoyers while collecting their brass.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #35

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Keep scratching yourself all over vigorously while repeating (loud enough for those around you to hear) "stupid doctors, this can't possibly be as infectious as they said". Then cough uncontrollably for a few minutes..

Last edited by Belltactical; 02-01-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #36
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2104 Times on 1152 Posts
Likes Given: 629

I now bring a couple of 4' bar clamps and attach a beach towel to them with spring clamps. I need to find some net instead of the towel. It does stop the brass.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #37

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

http://www.thecountryshed.com/brass_catchers.htm

The second item down is your net u are looking for.

Although u could probably buy a fishing net and put smaller mesh on it for a lot less than 60 bucks!!!

Old 02-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #38

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

http://americanmadeoutdoors.com/product/HKS-MN55B15.html

U could take this and just make a 4 legged stand and bam!! U saved urself 40 dollars!!

Old 02-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #39

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

When I go to my range I will choose my shooting lane depending on what I am shooting. If I'm shooting my revolvers I will choose a lane as far to the left as possible since I will not be showering my fellow members with my brass. Conversely, if am am shooting semi-auto I will try to get towards the right. At my range I usually go during the week when most members are at work so I don't usually have more than one or two (If any) fellow shooters on the range. I have been a member at my range for 3+ years and I have never come across anyone who was insensitive to another members discomfort. Our Black Powder Shooters will always congregate far away from other shooters as a courtesy.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #40

Liked 4885 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

While this is an annoying problem my bigger concern was with the amount of scarry unsafe gun handling I've witnessed at public ranges. I RSO'd enough while active duty and got real tired of needing to do it on my day off.

Thankfully I managed a construction project for a fellow who happened to be the president of the private club I'd been trying to get into. Like the old saying goes, it's not what you know, it's WHO you know. Although he did make me guess the Calibre of an empty shell casing without looking at the head stamp as his condition for pulling some strings. Lucky for me I'd read an article on the .338 Lapua Mag about a week before this meeting and am savvy enough to recognize a belted .30 cal magnum when I see one. Beyond that I was purely guessing but will never forget the look of shock on his face when I guessed correctly.

Tack