Range Report - switched from weaver to isosceles

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Range Report - switched from weaver to isosceles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 03:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Range Report - switched from weaver to isosceles

So I made to the range today. I was convinced by reading And Stanford's "Surgical Speed shooting" that the isosceles is superior to the weaver. So I decided to give it a whirl. Mind you, this is only my second trip to the gun range in 6 years, and it is my first time ever shooting in a non-weaver stance. All targets were engaged at a distance of 7 yards, with a Glock 23, .40 S&W.

Sorry about the pictures, I don't know why they're flipped around. The first picture is my first 10 shots ever with the isosceles stance. Second picture is my attempt at rapid fire, 2-3 rounds per second. 3rd picture is my first 50 or so rounds with isosceles. The circles and arrows were my last 10 rounds.

Leaves much room for improvement, especially in the area of flinching/anticipating recoil, but these shots were MUCH more consistent than with the weaver stance. But 50% in "target" and no hits seems acceptable for a new stance and not shooting a gun in 6 years...

img_0146.jpg   img_0147.jpg   img_0151.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-02-2009, 11:38 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

So, any thoughts, critiques, advice for my second time to the range in 6 years?