Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Range Report - Ruger LCP .380

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 01:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Default Range Report - Ruger LCP .380

Well I finally got the new LCP picked up. I racked the slide about 200 times on the way home, even brused my palm from it. It was almost dark when I got home so I only got to put 30 rds thru it.

At 7 yds. I grouped the first three rds about14" below the bulls eye.
I got a couple rds on target by lining up the rear site with the rear of the ejection port, but was all over the place with most. The only time I consistantly hit paper was rapid firering from 4 yds.

I would think if it's a matter of not being able to get a good hold on it it would hit high not low. Could I be pulling down with that stiff trigger pull?

What do you guys think?

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-14-2011, 02:21 AM   #2

Are you anticipating the recoil?

Old 03-14-2011, 02:24 AM   #3

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Sounds like a great little gun!! Any Pics?

People get the government they deserve.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:53 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

I got some pics but I have to transfer them to my computer so I can reduce them down enough to upload them.

There's not much to antiseptic. I don't think I am. I think I'm just having trouble holding on to the little guy. I put the little grip extender on the magazine and it feels much better in my hand (I can ALMOST get two fingers on it now).

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!

Old 03-14-2011, 03:39 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4463 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse17 View Post
I got some pics but I have to transfer them to my computer so I can reduce them down enough to upload them.

There's not much to antiseptic. I don't think I am. I think I'm just having trouble holding on to the little guy. I put the little grip extender on the magazine and it feels much better in my hand (I can ALMOST get two fingers on it now).
thats my problem with em. if i cant get three fingers on the gun i wont own it.

imo: you need a good grip to be able to use a handgun effectively under stress. thats why i skipped the lcp and sig for 380.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Try this, put a Hogue Hand-all Jr. slip-on grip on it and use the mag. with the finger extension. Once I did that, I have no problem making a 1 lb. coffee can dance at 7 yards. The grip costs about $6.50 as I recall.

Here's a pic. The Hand-all Jr. needs to be trimmed a tad to get it to clear the mag. release button, but a sharp pair of scissors makes it easy. The added rubber grip cushions the recoil and makes the gun more stabile in your hands.

Last edited by Snakedriver; 03-14-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #7

That's a great idea!, thanks for that.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:05 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

I'll get some more rounds thru it as soon as I can. I think it's going to turn out to be just a matter of getting use to the gun. I won't draw any opionions until I get a couple hundred rds. thru it.

I'll get thos pics on ASAP, but I have a bunch of paperwork to do tonight. I shouldn't even be on here.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!

Old 03-15-2011, 12:07 AM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

OK Pic #1, the first three shots were aiming at the bulls correctly, the 4th-6th were lineing up the rear sight with the back of the ejector port. (#5 was right after clearing the first FTFeed so I was probably not paying attention).

Pic #2, the rest of the time I was all over the dang place, most of the yellow came from my final mag when I rapid fired from about 4 yds.

FWIW
Pic #3, The back side of a 2x6 that's been attacked from a 91 gr. .380 FMJ @ 7 yrds.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!

Old 03-15-2011, 12:21 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4463 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

does the ruger manual have a proper sight alignment pic?? try it at 15 yds a lot of times gun companies default the sights for that distance.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...