RANGE REPORT: Kimber Pro Carry, Marlin 795, S&W 629 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > RANGE REPORT: Kimber Pro Carry, Marlin 795, S&W 629

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 12:57 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

I guess that would depend on who's girly hands are a shoot'in it! I also stated mine was ported.

You feeling lucky yet, punk?

Jack
Apparently I missed the part where you mentioned the porting. I'll make you a deal, you come over, one hand this thing and keep them on target, and I'll call you Harry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Good report Spitty. I use Pachmayr grips on all my revolvers as they help the most with recoil. They cover the backstrap whereas Hogues don't. Wood stocks are pretty for pix, but I shoot with the rubber wraparounds...
Thanks for the advice. I hadn't looked into them yet but I was under the impression the Hogues would cover the backstrap. That is the main thing I wanted to do as well as give me something a little better to hold on to.

I have to give Ruger one thing on their SPs and GPs, good factory grips. Not as pretty, but my wife's SP snubbie is a pleasure to shoot even with hot magnums.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-03-2009, 01:21 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1302 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 626

Great post and Happy Birthday,Spittinfire. Glad you like the Kimber,and yes,the 629 S&W will punish your palms with the factory wood grips. Aftermarket grips are a must for them unless you just shoot 44 specials through it.
After you get used to the 629,you will be able to stay on target one handed!