Range Report with Jo Da Plumbr
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Range Report with Jo Da Plumbr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 12:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default Range Report with Jo Da Plumbr

Managed to pull away today for a couple of hours with Jo Da Plumbr. We went to the Firing Line Indoor range, which was flipping packed when we got there. Drove to the range in pouring rain and thunder. Too weird for SoCal in October.

I brought along my Wilson Combat Tactical Elite, STI LS9, fully enhanced and grip reduced G26, bone stock G23/19, a couple of my High Standard .22's, Buckmark, 1924 Colt Police Positive Match .22, and my 10/22. Did not get any pics at the range, so snapped this one when I got home.

I've had the LS9 for years, but it has always had problems extracting. It has been un-reliable in the past but last night I replaced the extractor spring and did some work on the extractor. Today it was GTG which is nice because it is a great shooter. Now it will get used once in a while.

The Wilson shot very well, the High Standards are crazy accurate, and surprisingly so was my Buckmark. Just fed the .22's some cheap old Winchester Dyna Point stuff from the bunker and it shot well in all of them. Surprisingly accurate for cheap, old ammo.

Sighted in the cheap red dot on the 10/22 at 50' using Velocitors. I'm not big 10/22 fan, but this one is growing on me. It will warrant a better red dot now, I guess, so it will get one of the IOR red dots. Probably the small one shown here>. RDS MICRO EDGE RED DOT SIGHT

I put some rounds through an M&P .45 today and loved it. Trigger is just this side of "major suckage", but I think it could clean up a lot. I will buy one soon. Word is that the Apex triggers are the shizzle for the M&P's. I liked the grip size and the way it points.

We stayed for a couple of hours, and had a great time. It was very loud though due to how crowded it was.

Then we went to The Outback Steakhouse for lunch and continued with the chatter. My wife and daughter showed up, after getting a haircut for the kid, on their way to the Thai Store. My daughter chose to ride home with me.

Thanks for lunch, Jo!!

All in all a great day, with a great guy. Always good to hit the range with Jo.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-03-2010, 12:08 AM   #2

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Wow, Jo paid?

Old 10-03-2010, 12:14 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Wow, Jo paid?
What? Is that rare? Jo always pays when we go on a date.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 10-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
What? Is that rare? Jo always pays when we go on a date.
You must be special. He usually just invites the Ether-Bunny along and Lon ends up with a ball gag and Gimp mask.

Great report guys - it's always good to hear of our fine members getting together for some range time and good food.

JD

Old 10-03-2010, 12:21 AM   #5

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts

Okay, I'm not understanding that last one and don't think I want to.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:38 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Sooo weird.

You said you live in Cali, right?
Well, I went to the Firing Line Indoor Range here is Florida and went to Outback afterward on Thursday. I'm not kidding....
Really werid....

Anyways, Nice to here you had a good time. I have been wanting an that STI for a little while now. I like the unconventional look for a 1911. Might be getting one soon now.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Last edited by mesinge2; 10-03-2010 at 12:44 AM.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesinge2 View Post
Sooo weird.

You said you live in Cali, right?
Well, I went to the Firing Line Indoor Range here is Florida and went to Outback afterward on Thursday. I'm not kidding....
Really werid....

Nice to here you had a good time. I have been wanting an that STI for a little while now. I like the unconventional look for a 1911. Might be getting one soon now.
Cali, indeed. And very weird...... We must have been channeling you. Ommmmmm.........

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 10-03-2010, 01:02 AM   #8

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Nice collection. I think we have your weather up here in Astoria because its been nice. Best weather we've seen all year. Its more summer than summer was.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:39 AM   #9
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 574

M14sRock,I really like those High Standards you have.Those guns really do shoot good.
You have a bunch of nice handguns.

Seeing as Jo bought lunch,I hope you had a big meal.Sounds like everyone had a good time.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:54 AM   #10

Thanks, Tex. I rarely shoot most of them anymore, but when I do they sure are fun. I have another HS laying around here somewhere. But I think my favorite shooter .22 is an old H&R 929. The most gun for the money you can buy.

Since Jo was buying I ordered 2 extra meals and just threw them away. It seemed like a reasonable thing to do. Right?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI