Range report, baby
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Range report, baby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 10:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Range report, baby

My brother Rodney told me to shoot standing up, 20 feet from target, Weaver stance. He said I had some "flyers" (whatever!) so I wood not let him shoot my guns.

ed-brown-cc.jpg   eb-target.jpg   les-baer-trs.jpg   lb-target.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-20-2009, 10:16 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

You have an Ed Brown and a Les Baer? And you are still learning to shoot from your brother??

Tell you brother to piss off and get some range time in. You have two of the best platforms available.

Those groups are a good start, but with some practice, those groups will tighten to at least HALF of what you are showing there...

Keep up the good work.

JD

Old 09-20-2009, 10:46 PM   #3

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
You have an Ed Brown and a Les Baer? And you are still learning to shoot from your brother??

Tell you brother to piss off and get some range time in. You have two of the best platforms available.

Those groups are a good start, but with some practice, those groups will tighten to at least HALF of what you are showing there...

Keep up the good work.

JD
but but....most of the flyers in the first target were from the previous shooter's targets...I stuck my targets on top of his...this is a crude outdoor range....please believe me....don't be so mean...that's bad for approx. 20 feet not shooting from a rest? I shot them fast.....please teach me.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
but but....most of the flyers in the first target were from the previous shooter's targets...I stuck my targets on top of his...this is a crude outdoor range....please believe me....don't be so mean...that's bad for approx. 20 feet not shooting from a rest? I shot them fast.....please teach me.
Use a #2 pencil when poking the holes in the target. Name:  joke.gif
Views: 96
Size:  1.3 KB

Nice job lonyaeger!

Damn, I need to get a new 1911.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-20-2009, 11:27 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
I mean it. Your targets indicate that you have some skill. Stop taking direction from your brother and just let the pistol speak for you.

Get some range time, put some rounds down range, and you will see that you have more ability than you think you do.

JD