Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Range Report

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 03:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Range Report

Took my new Kimber Custom TLE .45 ACP to the range the other morning and I must say, what a wonderful experience that was. Even though I have several double action auto's, I still like the 1911 the best. I'm just not comfortable with all the creep and travel in the double action auto's. Everyone thinks Kimbers are expensive but when you compare prices you find all of the 1911 factory pistols today are in the same ball park. Now, I need to re-load some brass and go again soon. Enjoy, shoot often and be safe. Dogwalk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-06-2009, 03:28 AM   #2

Got any pictures of the gun or what your gun shot at?
Pictures are always nice.

S.S.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:48 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Kimber Custom TLE

Sorry, I have no pictures but you can go to the Kimber web site and have a look. Most of my collection is revolvers but like the auto's for carry. However, the .38 snub-nose is my primary carry and it's in my front pants pocket. Thanks for the thread, Dogwalk

Old 07-06-2009, 07:13 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Ok, weird "range report", but I'll play.

How far did you shoot and what were your groups like?

Old 08-09-2009, 03:37 AM   #5

Sounds like you got yourself a nice .45 there. I was bummed that you didn't post any pictures though, but I'll live. And yes, I completely agree; there is definitely way to much of the trigger creep crap with the double actions. I had a ruger p345 .45 double action and I HATED how much creep there was, at least when I was trying to shoot it accurately.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:43 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Enjoy your Kimber.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams