Range Day
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Range Day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2091 Times on 1230 Posts
Likes Given: 4505

Default Range Day

Today was trouble shooting day for the S&W M&P 15-22 scope issue. Could not get the scope to stay set. I have the Bushnell Sportsman scope, mounted to 1" riser, after magazine change the scope setting jumps. I had removed the scope from the riser to see if this is the fix action - Nope!

I had the S&W M&P 15-22 and the Ruger SR-22R rifle, both have different scopes with 1" riser. I put the M&P 15-22 scope on the Ruger, slight correction and a number of times magazine change out. No change in setting, stayed the same.

The M&P 15-22 got the Ruger BSA scope, it did the same time as with the Bushnell scope. I know the BSA is good and the Bushnell is good on the Ruger.

So last fix action put the iron sights on the M&P 15-22 and at 50 yards was in the black, after number of magazine exchanges of 25 rounds each.

It is not the scope or the riser. I have another scope (BSA) coming in the mail, will mount it with extra high Warne scope rings.

This has all started since removing the tactical Sightmark 8.5-25X50 scope and placing it on another rifle. That scope was on the M&P 15-22 for a lot of rounds.

Did have fun at the range for the 2 hours.

It was crowded and had a waiting line of 10 to 20 deep.

Black powder hunting season is coming around the corner.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here