Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Range closed for repairs (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/range-closed-repairs-92350/)

Jagermeister 06-15-2013 08:03 PM

Range closed for repairs

10 Attachment(s)
I have not been able to shoot for weeks now due to the local military Rod and Gun Club being closed for repairs. Place has probably been around since the later mid 1900s. I will have to wait until sometime in July. I belong to the US hunters Club, and we have volunteered to help repair the pistol range and running boar. Look at what I have gotten myself into....

kytowboater 06-15-2013 08:05 PM

Rewarding experience though. Question, do you speak mainly in English or German? Of is that based on social setting?

MisterMcCool 06-15-2013 08:06 PM

Nothing you can't smooth out with a little elbow grease. Or a lot. :)
Wear a mask and wash after. (lead)

Jagermeister 06-15-2013 08:09 PM

I speak mainly English. Most Germans in my area speak English, and it is required in German schools. I speak only English to my kids, and my wife only speaks German to them. They learned/are learning both languages quickly that way.

kytowboater 06-15-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagermeister
I speak mainly English. Most Germans in my area speak English, and it is required in German schools. I speak only English to my kids, and my wife only speaks German to them. They learned/are learning both languages quickly that way.

Okay thank you. So interesting to me.

trip286 06-15-2013 08:32 PM

You have freaking midget targets at your range?!?! Talk about some sick bastards! Who keeps midget targets around? These guys, that's who!

;)

nixfix 06-15-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagermeister
I have not been able to shoot for weeks now due to the local military Rod and Gun Club being closed for repairs. Place has probably been around since the later mid 1900s. I will have to wait until sometime in July. I belong to the US hunters Club, and we have volunteered to help repair the pistol range and running boar. Look at what I have gotten myself into....

Da könnten ja noch ein paar Nazis verbuddelt sein. ;-) Ich vermisse Deutschland, aber nicht wenn's ums Schießen geht. Viel Glück mit den Reparaturen.

Jagermeister 06-15-2013 09:23 PM

Ich Hoffe es gibt keine Nazi Zombies. Danke.

johnr1943 06-15-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagermeister (Post 1277284)

Good for her! I was fluent in English and German when I was about 4 years old. Sadly, when My Dad's tour was up and we came back to the U.S. German went by the wayside. My 6 years sister and I would speak German and the other kids called us "Nazis". So our parents said not to speak it around other kids. This was 1948-49 era, so most people were not comfy with it. We lost it for the most part. My parents were alway amazed how quickly we had picked up German - kids can do that with ease. :(

Garadex 06-15-2013 10:05 PM

Looks like you've got a lot of work to do, I'm sure it will be worth it.