Range Action Today with My Newly Built AR and Some Other Guns
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Range Action Today with My Newly Built AR and Some Other Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 10:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Range Action Today with My Newly Built AR and Some Other Guns

LMT upper w/ MOE handguard, PSA f/a BCG, Spikes lower, PSA MOE LPK, PSA butt stock assembly, Barska 1x30 Electro Sight Scope.

The first 5 rounds were fired at a water bottle lying in the dirt of the pit at 25 yds. The RSO was watching where the rounds struck and we made the scope adjustment to correspond. The fifth shot sent the bottle about 3 1/2 feet in the air.

I set a target at 50 yds and this is the result:

dscf0117.jpg   dscf0113.jpg  

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #2

Next I took my M&P with a new Osprey 3-9x42 illuminated mil dot scope and did the same as above. It took 7 rounds to get the scope sighted in and heres the result at 50 yds.;

dscf0116.jpg  

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #3

Then I putzed with both of them for a bit:

dscf0118.jpg  

Old 07-01-2011, 10:41 PM   #4

Then out came the handguns; I just bought a Kel-Tec P-11 so I fired it, I had my Glock 30, and a S&W 37 3 in. barrel. On the G30 target the 3 lower holes (and I think the 3 upper right) had been shot and x'd out before shooting.

All in all it was a great day, hot but fun. I get home and my wife asks "why do you buy bullets just to shoot them through the air to hit paper" Geez, they just don't understand, do they?

dscf0119.jpg   dscf0120.jpg   dscf0122.jpg   dscf0114.jpg  

Last edited by Car54; 07-01-2011 at 10:51 PM.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:47 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Man looks like you had a blast today. Nice shooting and that's a great looking AR you have there.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyerracing343 View Post
Man looks like you had a blast today. Nice shooting and that's a great looking AR you have there.
Thank you B.R. I'm pretty happy about this one being I put some of it together myself. It's been raining off and on here for four days now and when I saw my wife making out a shopping list this morning I figured there's cover at the range for me and so what if the target gets wet..I'm gone.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It looks like a fun day indeed.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Good shoot Car54 and nice AR.

Any feedback for us on the PSA BCG?

Old 07-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #9

Ran smooth with no problems. I think the only difference between the LMT and the M&P was the optics. The cross/dot reticle scope on the LMT is a 1x and I'm guessing it was me that caused it to shoot a bit low to the right. Next time out I'll see what it does.

Everything else ran perfect. A few days ago I bought 200 rds of .223 from a guy who had sold his AR and as a passing thought he forgot to advertise 3 steel mags at the same time so I bought them at $5 apiece. I ran those first to see if they would feed properly and they were okay so then I ran a mix of those and PMags for the rest of the time. I haven't counted my brass yet so i don't know how many rounds I fired but I'm guessing it was close to 200 for both rifles, with the LMT doing the most because it was new.

I asked my wife to clean the guns this morning but then I figured I should do it because I wanted to look inside the LMT (and more importantly because of the look and reply..censored.. she gave me)

Old 07-16-2011, 07:39 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
All in all it was a great day, hot but fun. I get home and my wife asks "why do you buy bullets just to shoot them through the air to hit paper" Geez, they just don't understand, do they?
My ex gf asked me that once so i just looked at her and said "Girls buy shoes and clothes, guys buy guns and ammo deal with it". Nice build and good shooting

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"