R700 sps-v
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > R700 sps-v

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 11:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default R700 sps-v

Well, last time I went shooting, I still had my BSA platinum mounted, and this time around, It was still there. But last time I went, I used cheap bulk winchester 45 grain varmint rounds found at my local "we consume all businesses" mart. My best group of that first trip after dialing in the scope was a 2.75 inch group! Most groups were in the 4-5 inch range.

So this time, I took a few boxes of remington 55 grain flat top rounds. Instantly shot a 1.5 inch five shot group. Then repeated that again with another 1.5 inch group! Then shot a 2.25inch ten shot group! I then let the barrel cool down and switched back to the winchester rounds, another 4 inch group....

Conclusion: I wasted my a lot of my money on cheap rounds... But learned my lesson. Reload stuff is at the top of my wish list. And my new millet is on order!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-10-2010, 11:12 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Do you know what twist your barrel has? It might like heavier bullets, try some 60gr NoslerBT or Hornady v-max's and it might tighten up even more.

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 03-11-2010, 06:33 AM   #3

It's 1:12.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:28 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Thought it might be a 9 twist. Looks like you're in the right weight range. 40-55.
Must just like the remmy ammo better.

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 12-22-2010, 05:11 AM   #5

let me know if those millet scopes are any good i have been eyeballing one of these but wasn't sure of the quality