Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Punched a lot of holes in paper with Father In Law today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 02:31 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 758 Times on 465 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Default Punched a lot of holes in paper with Father In Law today

First time I've ever gone through that much ammo in one visit, and it was a blast.

my XDM9/C I've struggled a LOT with the trigger. Someone at the club made an off the wall suggestion and it worked! YEA, but it reinforces the fact I need to drift the sights over a bit About 300+ rounds through this gun alone

SWMBO P22 finally has an ammo it will consistently and happily eat. The only problem, the first round won't chamber on it's own, need a bit of help.

my ruger 22/45, I keep getting better and better with the iron sights. Sometimes I wonder if I should put a red dot on it. I'm pretty consistently hitting a 1" grouping at 21'.

Which leads me to my FIL's Double 9 .22. I really wanted to shoot it, it's a pretty revolver. But what a piece of crap. He was barely able to keep it on the 15x15" paper. So I tried, immediately after doing my best grouping of the day with my 22/45. I couldn't get any better then 6". I may try some of the competition .22 in it next time.

FIL's 38. He hates that gun, says he could empty it and distract the bad guy enough to hit him with his cane... But, he has only shot ammo a friend hand loaded in it, and the ammo was loaded just short of catastrophic failure. So, we stopped and got him some commercial ammo. His accuracy was pretty good with it. But, after we had put everything in the car, I realized I forgot to shoot the gun myself {sigh}. Excuse to go shooting again next week

Had a BLAST, and we may do the whole thing over again next saturday as the women hit the Christmas craft shows I did find there was a point when my accuracy started falling off. So it was time to quit for the day.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-13-2011, 03:12 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It sounds like a pretty good day.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams