Orosco Ridge? Ramona, CA

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Orosco Ridge? Ramona, CA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Orosco Ridge? Ramona, CA

Any california members been to this spot? I hear it's great, I hear it's dirty, I hear people get shot out there... good, mediocre and really bad reviews... It's 45 minutes from my house so I figured it's worth a travel but i'd like to get info on the area first and if i should wear my Grandfathers WWII helmet and kevlar when I go...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-07-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I've never heard of it since I hang my hat in Northern California. But if you are hearing that people get shot out there, whether accidentally or intentionally, go somewhere else.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #3

I contacted them, it is closed "indefinitley".
I need to learn the BLM laws for shooting so i know where i can go and shoot. It's nice to get away from the crowd.

Old 04-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andlyn View Post
It's nice to get away from the crowd.
It is; i haven't been to an actual "range" in years. I really appreciate my sister's property for target practice. Rural MS can be good for some things.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #5

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
It is; i haven't been to an actual "range" in years. I really appreciate my sister's property for target practice. Rural MS can be good for some things.
Same here. I have a friend who is clearing out a pasture that is overgrown with trees that we use for our range. No critters to worry about and a couple of miles between our bullets and any habitation. And it's only 2 miles from my house.