Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > THE OPTIMUM BULLETS FOR CARTRIDGES USED - Price's Corner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 9 Posts

Default THE OPTIMUM BULLETS FOR CARTRIDGES USED - Price's Corner

Article for October

http://ammoguide.com/?article=pricescorner/121001

Not everyone has a chronograph, but everyone has a wish list in their head. There are plenty of niches to be filled in my life. They all start with "I want this." and need no real reason for existing.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #2

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

With all due respect, the writer is making something very simple complicated. His loads are geared towards the game he is hunting instead of the conditions he is hunting. Many hunters only use a 30/06 for everything in the lower 48 states. They are very successful hunters. President Teddy Roosevelt bagged every popular species of game in North America with a 30/06 before anyone ever thought about publishing a load chart. If you read President Roosevelts writings his cartridge selection was very simple. He used the lightest bullet he could buy that would take the animal he was hunting in open areas. In heavy cover he used heavy round nosed bullets, no matter what game he was hunting. Sometimes it's hard to predict what type of cover his quarry would be in, so he split the difference he would use an aerodynamic medium weight (180 gr) bullets.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #3

Default Two Clicks Left and Ready To Hunt

posted wrong

Not everyone has a chronograph, but everyone has a wish list in their head. There are plenty of niches to be filled in my life. They all start with "I want this." and need no real reason for existing.

Last edited by bullet; 10-23-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #4

Default Two Clicks Left and Ready To Hunt

posted wrong