Off to the range........ - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Off to the range........

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #11
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lake Havasu,Arizona
Posts: 6,108
Liked 1990 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 593

Default

OK Windy I like my P238 better than any of the other pocket 380's. It has shot everything I have fed it including flat nose and it is a pleasure to shoot. The woman that teaches the ccw classes at the range carries one and she has her choice of any gun in the place. She and her husband own the place. The Bersa is not an expensive gun. Should be around $300.

__________________

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

JTJ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #12
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,955
Liked 7141 Times on 4298 Posts
Likes Given: 8669

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
OK Windy I like my P238 better than any of the other pocket 380's. It has shot everything I have fed it including flat nose and it is a pleasure to shoot. The woman that teaches the ccw classes at the range carries one and she has her choice of any gun in the place. She and her husband own the place. The Bersa is not an expensive gun. Should be around $300.
Sig P238, right? I'm still too new for you to think I know the P238 is the Sig. I had to check back and look. Yeah, I think I liked that one best, too.



I forgot to mention today I experienced another 'first' while shooting. Caught hot brass in my bra today. YOW!! I thought I shook it out and kept shooting. Just now got into my pajamas to take a nap (remember I have a 'backwards' schedule) and that darned spent brass fell out of my bra when I took it off. ROFL!!
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Sig P238, right? I'm still too new for you to think I know the P238 is the Sig. I had to check back and look. Yeah, I think I liked that one best, too.



I forgot to mention today I experienced another 'first' while shooting. Caught hot brass in my bra today. YOW!! I thought I shook it out and kept shooting. Just now got into my pajamas to take a nap (remember I have a 'backwards' schedule) and that darned spent brass fell out of my bra when I took it off. ROFL!!
LMAO!!!

The Sig is priced a couple hundred dollars under MSRP, so its a good deal. Have you had a chance to put a couple rounds through one?
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #14
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lake Havasu,Arizona
Posts: 6,108
Liked 1990 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 593

Default

Windy: you need to stop wearing those low cut sexy tops to the range. Hmm, maybe thats why they are giving you a good price on the Sig.

__________________

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

JTJ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:48 AM   #15
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,955
Liked 7141 Times on 4298 Posts
Likes Given: 8669

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Windy: you need to stop wearing those low cut sexy tops to the range. Hmm, maybe thats why they are giving you a good price on the Sig.
ROFL......I wasn't. The very first round out of the Kahr, the brass hit me in the forehead. After I shoot I always go in the bathroom and wash my hands, wipe my face and blow my nose. When I looked in the mirror I had a black streak from the spent casing on my forehead. Those guns sure wanted to show me 'who's my Daddy' today.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:49 AM   #16
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,955
Liked 7141 Times on 4298 Posts
Likes Given: 8669

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
LMAO!!!

The Sig is priced a couple hundred dollars under MSRP, so its a good deal. Have you had a chance to put a couple rounds through one?
No, I haven't.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:39 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
colmustard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,116
Liked 233 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Default

Nice to hear you had a fun day at the range today! Looks like you may be getting a new gun also! Its funny how no matter how many guns you have there is still another one to get!

__________________

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

colmustard is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:51 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CHLChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 2,523
Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Default

No fair comparing a single-action 1911-style trigger (Sig P238) with that long double-action-only trigger of the Kahr P380! I do think the Kahr is one of the best DAO triggers out there, but that P238 is an awesome SA. If you carry it, though, you will need to spend a lot of time practicing the actions of draw, click off the safety as you extend, squeeze trigger. It must become 2nd nature. That's why many people who carry a P238 in their pocket are people who practice with and carry the larger-framed 1911's too.

For me, I decided that an external safety isn't something I wanted to mess with for my carry guns. Just a choice for me, though.

__________________
.45acp, .40 S&W, 9mm, .38 Spl, .380 acp, 22lr
12 gauge, .223/5.56x45mm, 30-30 Winchester


2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face
CHLChris is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:17 AM   #19
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,955
Liked 7141 Times on 4298 Posts
Likes Given: 8669

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
No fair comparing a single-action 1911-style trigger (Sig P238) with that long double-action-only trigger of the Kahr P380! I do think the Kahr is one of the best DAO triggers out there, but that P238 is an awesome SA. If you carry it, though, you will need to spend a lot of time practicing the actions of draw, click off the safety as you extend, squeeze trigger. It must become 2nd nature. That's why many people who carry a P238 in their pocket are people who practice with and carry the larger-framed 1911's too.
For me, I decided that an external safety isn't something I wanted to mess with for my carry guns. Just a choice for me, though.
I know I am new and not very experienced but I like the idea of a safety. Isn't it optional to keep the safety on or off? Can't one carry it with the
safety off or does it automatically go to safety?

Thank you for that input and descriptions of the different triggers. I need to learn these things. I guess I wasn't really comparing the different types of triggers, I was only looking at the action of the trigger. That Sig has one awesome trigger. That's all I know. But now I know why.

So now if I buy that Sig P238 I need to get a 1911 to practice with? AWESOME!!!

I do remember now the salesman telling me the Sig P238 was based on the 1911. I had a notebook and I was writing stuff down but I guess I didn't get it all.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus

Last edited by winds-of-change; 03-07-2012 at 05:21 AM.
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I know I am new and not very experienced but I like the idea of a safety. Isn't it optional to keep the safety on or off? Can't one carry it with the
safety off or does it automatically go to safety?

Thank you for that input and descriptions of the different triggers. I need to learn these things. I guess I wasn't really comparing the different types of triggers, I was only looking at the action of the trigger. That Sig has one awesome trigger. That's all I know. But now I know why.

So now if I buy that Sig P238 I need to get a 1911 to practice with? AWESOME!!!

I do remember now the salesman telling me the Sig P238 was based on the 1911. I had a notebook and I was writing stuff down but I guess I didn't get it all.
Some guns have a actual saftey switch on them, other guns such as a Springfield XD have a long button type thingy on the backstrap of the grips that takes the safety off when you hold the gun properly.

Thumb Safety



3-Point safe action safety. (Trigger safety) (Glock)



Grip safety (It's that thing sticking out of the grips' backstrap) (XD)



Squeeze cocker safety (Its the wierd thing on the front of the grips) (only on HK P7s)



Thats just a few of the safetys pistols can have. Here is good site that explains each type, and names a few more. http://firearms.stackexchange.com/questions/658/what-are-the-various-types-of-semi-automatic-pistol-safeties


You could also get a Sig 1911 to go with that P238
__________________

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 03-07-2012 at 07:19 AM.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Knoxville - Rifle Range Road Range 12fretter The Club House 4 05-22-2012 02:42 PM
What range should I zero my .22 at? michaelwahl .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 22 09-11-2011 11:10 PM
Day at the Range FaTmAn Range Report 2 05-10-2011 05:00 PM
What To Look For In A Range Bag..... soundhd Firearm Accessories & Gear 3 11-23-2010 06:36 PM
Range Report - Garland Public Shooting Range dallas-shooting Range Report 1 06-12-2009 04:01 PM