No steel case ammo at ranges - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > No steel case ammo at ranges

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 160 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I stand corrected! Here is a good video showing how to check for steel core vs. lead on 4 different steel case rounds, including Tula. I thought it was really interesting!

I am not scared to correct myself, learn something new everyday!

http://youtu.be/-vqs1ne1xws

Old 08-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #22

Liked 1721 Times on 1025 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
It is a shame. Owners of firing ranges are taking advantage in areas that are mostly Urban. Sporting goods stores and Gun Show vendors are robbing American owners by created ammo shortages. Elected public officials and Liberal governments blame gun owners for every crime committed. The President offers Gay marriage and no punishment for street drugs while disarming the civilian population. Has anyone ever read the history of the Jewish people in Pre-War Germany?
Remember, that felon gun owners are gun owners too. Can we blame them for gun crimes?

You are blaming the wrong people for the ammo shortage. The panic buying because all of the idiots that thought Obama was coming for their guns and ammo caused and still perpetuates the shortage. It is a self-inflicted wound.

I do see some improvement in the supply chain now that folks are calming down a little. My local Wally-world had plenty of .45 acp, 9mm in several flavors, .380, and .38 spl. on the shelves today, along with most common rifle ammo, including 7.62 x 39, .223, .308, '06. Still no .22 lr though.

The sellers do not set the ammo prices...they buyers do. We showed the sellers what we were willing to pay, so don't ever look for last years prices.

Thanks hoarders.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 08-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Remember, that felon gun owners are gun owners too. Can we blame them for gun crimes?
They blame the responsibly gun owners and try to create laws to restrict US, not the criminals.

Quote:
You are blaming the wrong people for the ammo shortage. The panic buying because all of the idiots that thought Obama was coming for their guns and ammo caused and still perpetuates the shortage. It is a self-inflicted wound.
Obama DID try to come for our guns, the CONSERVATIVES stopped him. Where were the Liberals? Oh yeah, helping Obama by trying to ban inanimate objects.

Quote:
Thanks hoarders.
Don't thank them, thank Obama. They wouldn't have went out and bought everything if Obama hadn't tried to ban/restrict stuff.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:36 AM   #24

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Owners of firing ranges are taking advantage :
...I wonder...are there any range or gun shop owners here who would like to enter into this discussion? I'd like to hear their reasons for what they do or why they have some restrictions on ammo.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:42 AM   #25
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 592 Times on 356 Posts
Likes Given: 3092

One of the local ranges here just wants you to pick up all your steel casings when your done. So I took a Neodymium magnet, a piece of metal curtain rod holder from the junk drawer and attached it to a string. It works great! And will hold about 10 to 12 casings at a time.

Ken

Old 08-18-2013, 12:50 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound

...I wonder...are there any range or gun shop owners here who would like to enter into this discussion? I'd like to hear their reasons for what they do or why they have some restrictions on ammo.
Because they cause excessive wear to the traps / backstop, and can start a fire (slim but can happen).

Old 08-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #27

Liked 1148 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 2031

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
steel cases ammo almost always has steel bullets also. they may not want steel bullets used on their targets.
I will tell you for a fact steel cased ammo does not have a steel core. We recently pulled a bullet and drilled all the lead out from end to end . The removed portion Will not stick to a magnet . What makes it magnetic is the bimetal jacket . Hell even federal LAP steel core doesnt stick to the magnet as well as the tula or wolf . Let make sure we have our facts straight

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
orangello Likes This 
Old 08-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #28

Liked 1148 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 2031

You dont find alot of brass in 7.62 X 39 even at the dealer shelves, I say if they dont have the 7.62 on the shelf for you to buy how do they expect to keep your business in their shooting lanes . I know none of the dealers I have local that I deal with have brass in 7.62x39

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens