Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Nighthawk Talon II (9mm) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/nighthawk-talon-ii-9mm-37967/)

DrJason 02-05-2011 03:17 PM

Nighthawk Talon II (9mm)

2 Attachment(s)
Went to the range yesterday with some buddies to "blow off some steam" after a long week. Thankfully I've got a great shop near by with a lot of guns for rent. In honor of Dillinger and my trip to the SHOT Show figured I'd rent the Nighthawk Talon II in 9mm.

Fit and finish were impeccable, no "play" in the slide/body fit, trigger was smooth with a clean break...... and keep in mind this is a rental gun that probably gets abused and may not get cleaned and lubed as much as it should. Between myself and a couple buddies we easily put 150 rds thru her without a hiccup. Even my one friends who rarely shoots was hitting the target better than he was with any of the other handguns we were shooting (including my M&P 9pro).

So onto the firearm pron :D The target is 2 magazines worth of rds after 1 mag to "warm up", could have taken a dozen more pics of targets that would have look just about the same..... sooo easy to get her on target without much thought! Totally on my short list of firearms to get (just need to start saving some $$$$).

CA357 02-05-2011 05:59 PM

Sweet. :cool:

IGETEVEN 02-05-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrJason (Post 437651)
Went to the range yesterday with some buddies to "blow off some steam" after a long week. In honor of Dillinger and my trip to the SHOT Show figured I'd rent the Nighthawk Talon II in 9mm.

Hell, What did you expect? :confused:

Nice shooting there...brown-nosier! :p :D :cool:

Dillinger 02-05-2011 08:01 PM

Well what was your overall impression of the bobtail now that we know the "real" reason it was invented? LOL :p

DrJason 02-05-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 437823)
Well what was your overall impression of the bobtail now that we know the "real" reason it was invented? LOL :p

LOL....wasn't digging into my hand at all :rolleyes:

Dillinger 02-05-2011 08:46 PM

LOL - Well that is good. :p

What was your overall impression of the Talon II in the 9mm? Did it fit your hand well?

dog2000tj 02-05-2011 09:33 PM

Just great ... now we got 2 Nighthawk snobs to deal with! :o

j/k - nice shooting. Sooooo, when you gonna order up one so we can drool with envy at it? ;)

DrJason 02-05-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 437841)
LOL - Well that is good. :p

What was your overall impression of the Talon II in the 9mm? Did it fit your hand well?

It's going to sound corny but just grabbed it and started shooting and didn't really even think about the feel in my hand, so I guess I take that as a good sign. I'm going to have to do some research on the various models but I could see a Talon in my collection :D

Boyerracing343 02-06-2011 02:43 AM

Very nice.

lonyaeger 02-06-2011 03:01 AM

That must be a nice range!