A Nice Surprise at the Range - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > A Nice Surprise at the Range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #21

Default friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattShlock View Post
Try as they may, I'm just very glad Cottontop and his new "friend" can't actually procreate.

We're both too old for that anyway.
ct

Old 04-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 194 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 316

Talking about politics and most things in general always ends up with frustration boiling up from my toes to the top of my head and I become angry and cynical.

I really, truly, 100% believe that we need to begin teaching logic/reasoning and philosophy to our children. Philosophy is the moderator of life. If you are a 'Middle Grounder,' you are on the way to being a good philosopher and a good person.

By High School Graduation everyone should have read and understood Plato's Republic and Nicomachean Ethics. But that would mean the kids would have to be able to actually read....

It touches everything from guiding your actions in according to virtue, how to be a virtuous person, true friendship, happiness, and yes...even politics.

Socrates' model city, The City of Necessity was a community of individuals who realized that they had to count on each other. Some farmed, some made clothes/shoes, others made tools etc. etc. and they used the barter system. They didn't need politicians as they themselves knew best how they should be goverened. What they did have was a citizen militia to protect against the hethens in the City of Pleasure, people who got what they wanted and were still bored/ wanted more. Read up on the City of Pleasure and you will see that that is what America has become...and it is sad.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:16 AM   #23

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
We're both too old for that anyway.
ct
Well you know what they say: there's nothing sadder than a lonely old, um, Cottontop.
clown-sad.jpg  

Old 04-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #24

Default sad cottontop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattShlock View Post
Well you know what they say: there's nothing sadder than a lonely old, um, Cottontop.

Yeah, I am a sad lonely case alright; but, I kinda like it that way.
ct

Old 04-03-2013, 01:57 AM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 667 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 2717

Many years ago,
Shot A LOT of Trap and Skeet.
Spent a lot of time at the range and a Lot of money.
Met some interesting people.
One story.
One night after shooting went into the club house,
a Very Nice Blond Lady stopped me and asked about shooting and the shotgun.
After a little talk we parted
sat down with my friends, got some Looks.
Club manager stopped by and asked if I knew who she was?
No,
Well she was a Big Name hollywood producer,
and I think she had a studio.
Oh Well.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #26
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1437 Times on 728 Posts
Likes Given: 1050

The best argument I ever read against an Assault Weapons Ban was written by a liberal gun owner. The more diversity we have in the ranks of gun owners, shooters and defenders of the 2nd Amendment the more clout we will have at the polls.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:51 AM   #27

Liked 767 Times on 535 Posts
Likes Given: 826

I like people w/ like interests. There are a few here including Cotton that I really respect. Their treads are very well written, they like the classics. Some of us are true old school. Like the writer, they are unique. Cotton always shows us what he has absorbed w/ respect to firearms. He has a great foundation and a great demeanor as a person. To find a like minded person close to home is awesome.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #28

Thanks everyone for the positive accolades. Thanks especially to jpattersonnh. I, like j, are into the older military Mausers and the cartridges that go in them, as well as some of the older commercial rifles and some of the more, at least for now, obscure cartridges. He is one of the few guys on here that knows what a 9.3x57 is, and even owns one, and like me, reloads for it. I know some of my ideas are different than most on this forum, but we are all gun guys (and gals) and in the end want the same freedoms; we just see the ways to go about it differently. It is nice, for a change to not get lambasted for an opposing view. I visit several gun forums, but this is the one in which I seem to spend the most time.
ct

Old 04-15-2013, 04:48 AM   #29

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
That's really nice, but...............I thought one shouldn't eat or drink at the range due to the possibility of lead dust.
Heck when I was at the University we headed for the ROTC armory range FOR lunch and some shooting.