Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > A Nice Surprise at the Range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

All the talk about being conservative or liberal is just that, TALK, people have their own views on various topics and have every right to do so as long as it only goes that far, don't try to impose your views on me, I Do respect your views and your right to express them, in this case, both of you found you had a common interest and let it go at that, enjoy your new friendship for what it is, friends, few and far to come by nowadays.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #12

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

Bromance; -D

Old 04-02-2013, 03:41 AM   #13

Liked 62 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default Cottontop

You cracked me up. Not about finding a kindred spirit, nor about being liberal, but the explanation of why you edited your post. I thought I was the only one who did such things!

I surprise people I meet as well. I make a serious attempt to look 'respectable' and well-read - and I am, oddly enough. I am a 'conservative' in the sense I prefer a strict, as-written interpretation of the Constitution rather than the 'living document' (change is as we go) view of those with a 'liberal' view of the Constitution. I am also a very staunch Christian and simultaneously of a very scientific and exploratory attitude toward the universe in general.

Add to that I am normally armed, and many have no idea what to make of me.

I do like the words of Sir Winston Churchill - or at least attributed to him - "A young man who is not a liberal has no heart; an old man who is not a conservative has no brain."

Finally back in the United States!
OIIOHH
See my blog at:
http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

People Like This 
Old 04-02-2013, 05:36 AM   #14

Liked 286 Times on 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
. After the West Virginia shootings a few years ago, he actually approached the President w/ a proposal to have certain qualified people armed on campus.
Virginia Tech?

Old 04-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #15

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

It's always nice to have friends, just thinking about this the best surprise I've gotten at the range was when my GF came out and brought a large meat lovers pizza with her

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 04-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #16
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6686 Times on 4042 Posts
Likes Given: 7949

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
It's always nice to have friends, just thinking about this the best surprise I've gotten at the range was when my GF came out and brought a large meat lovers pizza with her
That's really nice, but...............I thought one shouldn't eat or drink at the range due to the possibility of lead dust.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #17

Liked 26 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
That's really nice, but...............I thought one shouldn't eat or drink at the range due to the possibility of lead dust.
I suspect he's talking about an outdoor range.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #18

Liked 4425 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
While at the range last Friday, where I shoot every Friday, I found out something interesting about a guy I met there a year or so ago. Anyway, we just seemed to click and hit is off right from the start. I've never been able to have more than just a couple of words with any of the other regulars out there. Anyway, I noticed there was something different about this guy. He seemed well educated, well read, always made a lot of sense when he spoke, and is a very knowledgeable reloader. We both have and shoot a 6mm Remington and I have never seen another one out there. Then I found out he is a liberal gun owner, just like me. We are having some great conversations and I'm glad to now have a friend who sees things the way I do. Very refreshing.
ct
CT...

Good for you! It's common knowledge that you and I seldom agree on anything but that's ok. Personally, I value ALL shooters regardless of there political slant.

We may disagree on "semantics" but I have too believe that if we can turn 100 Million gun owners into 200 Million gun owners... that's a good thing for 2A... So please... recruit all of the liberal democrats you can find, show em a good time at the range, and let the chips fall where they may.

Personally, I'll be taking a neighbor and his wife to my gun club this Saturday after they approached me asking for guidance after a home in our neighborhood was burglarized... and I won't be asking who they voted for.

Tack

Old 04-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #19

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Try as they may, I'm just very glad Cottontop and his new "friend" can't actually procreate.

Last edited by MattShlock; 04-02-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #20

Liked 4425 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
My best surprise at the range is the recent influx of "college age" ladies showing up at the pistol range and asking for help...

Particularly enjoy this on the "warm" days when short shorts are well represented!

Like I tell my wife... honey... just because I'm on a "diet" does not mean I can't LOOK at the menu!

Tack