Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > A Nice Surprise at the Range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 02:33 AM   #1

Default A Nice Surprise at the Range

While at the range last Friday, where I shoot every Friday, I found out something interesting about a guy I met there a year or so ago. Anyway, we just seemed to click and hit is off right from the start. I've never been able to have more than just a couple of words with any of the other regulars out there. Anyway, I noticed there was something different about this guy. He seemed well educated, well read, always made a lot of sense when he spoke, and is a very knowledgeable reloader. We both have and shoot a 6mm Remington and I have never seen another one out there. Then I found out he is a liberal gun owner, just like me. We are having some great conversations and I'm glad to now have a friend who sees things the way I do. Very refreshing.
ct

Last edited by cottontop; 03-27-2013 at 02:34 AM. Reason: sentence structure

winds-of-change Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2013, 03:06 AM   #2
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2066 Times on 1122 Posts
Likes Given: 747

So you met another person who wants to burn their own house down?

Sorry... couldn't resist.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
People Like This 
Old 03-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #3

Liked 57 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Just looked it up in Webster's and it says under primary definition that a Liberal gun owner is an oxymoron or a hypocrite

Sorry just could not resist.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6961 Times on 4187 Posts
Likes Given: 8377

Good for you, Cottontop. It's awesome when we find a good friend. Keep on shooting and have a great time.

People Like This 
Old 03-30-2013, 06:02 AM   #5

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Awesome that you found a similar person to be friends with.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
Awesome that you found a similar person to be friends with.
Your goal(his and yours) should be to bring two more each like minded to that range this calendar year.or better yet twoi more real anti-right folks.

That should be all our goals for this year!!

For those gun club members that visit here.. get your club to sponsor a 'range day' at your favility. Invite all local legislators (state/federal esp), local news station brass/employees, and newspaper editors/emp.

Supply em w/ lunch, guns(shotgun, rifle, handguns and esp "assult weapons") to shoot.

For those that say "they wont come"--fine,make em say, 'NO THANK YOU'. Put pics in newspaper and on TV-even if you have to buy the newspaper space.

Im still working on my club(s).

Last edited by langenc; 03-30-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #7

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

I always thought it silly when people refer to Liberal Gun Owners as an oxymoron...They are being hypocrits in my opinion. People paint a picture that all gun owners are Ignorant, God Fearing Conservative Republicans, but that is simply not the case, just as not all Liberals are what you think them to be.

The bottom line is that they ARE your ally on at least the gun control front. Sure, you may differ on a few other matters of policy, but we all agree that a well armed populace is a free one.

That being said, I am neither Conservative or Liberal, Democrat or Republican.

I am a Constitutionalist.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
I always thought it silly when people refer to Liberal Gun Owners as an oxymoron...They are being hypocrits in my opinion. People paint a picture that all gun owners are Ignorant, God Fearing Conservative Republicans, but that is simply not the case, just as not all Liberals are what you think them to be.

The bottom line is that they ARE your ally on at least the gun control front. Sure, you may differ on a few other matters of policy, but we all agree that a well armed populace is a free one.

That being said, I am neither Conservative or Liberal, Democrat or Republican.

I am a Constitutionalist.
Iam also. That makes us in the eyes of the media-'right wing whatevers'.. Yes we are right --way RIGHT of Biden, pelosi, my 2 US Sens and dozens of others in DC and thousands of others in MI. Those in power think they are on track..

Ever have someone say "I am a middle of the roader"--where is that?? I say the Constitution.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

It is good to have like-minded people to hang out with.........they keep kicking me out of the psych hospital lobby though; apparently visitors are supposed to be on some list or other.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #10

Liked 696 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
While at the range last Friday, where I shoot every Friday, I found out something interesting about a guy I met there a year or so ago. Anyway, we just seemed to click and hit is off right from the start. I've never been able to have more than just a couple of words with any of the other regulars out there. Anyway, I noticed there was something different about this guy. He seemed well educated, well read, always made a lot of sense when he spoke, and is a very knowledgeable reloader. We both have and shoot a 6mm Remington and I have never seen another one out there. Then I found out he is a liberal gun owner, just like me. We are having some great conversations and I'm glad to now have a friend who sees things the way I do. Very refreshing.
ct
Good for you cotton!! I'm a liberal gun guy!! I shoot as liberaly as I can. Lots of ammo. Seriously, I have a friend that is a professor at a local university. He is as liberal as you can be. He is also from Canada. We have some interesting conversations. After the West Virginia shootings a few years ago, he actually approached the President w/ a proposal to have certain qualified people armed on campus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
It is good to have like-minded people to hang out with.........they keep kicking me out of the psych hospital lobby though; apparently visitors are supposed to be on some list or other.
On that note I have a friend that is a teacher. He is all for tax payer funded abortions. As he states it would save this country billions. He also proposes having their tubes tied at the same time and putting them in a data base for which local bar they frequent.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

orangello Likes This