Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   A Nice Surprise at the Range (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/nice-surprise-range-87527/)

cottontop 03-27-2013 02:33 AM

A Nice Surprise at the Range

While at the range last Friday, where I shoot every Friday, I found out something interesting about a guy I met there a year or so ago. Anyway, we just seemed to click and hit is off right from the start. I've never been able to have more than just a couple of words with any of the other regulars out there. Anyway, I noticed there was something different about this guy. He seemed well educated, well read, always made a lot of sense when he spoke, and is a very knowledgeable reloader. We both have and shoot a 6mm Remington and I have never seen another one out there. Then I found out he is a liberal gun owner, just like me. We are having some great conversations and I'm glad to now have a friend who sees things the way I do. Very refreshing.
ct

ScottA 03-27-2013 03:06 AM

So you met another person who wants to burn their own house down?

Sorry... couldn't resist. :cool:

kirbinster 03-27-2013 12:35 PM

Just looked it up in Webster's and it says under primary definition that a Liberal gun owner is an oxymoron or a hypocrite :)

Sorry just could not resist.

winds-of-change 03-27-2013 03:16 PM

Good for you, Cottontop. It's awesome when we find a good friend. Keep on shooting and have a great time.

Garadex 03-30-2013 06:02 AM

Awesome that you found a similar person to be friends with.

langenc 03-30-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garadex (Post 1196438)
Awesome that you found a similar person to be friends with.

Your goal(his and yours) should be to bring two more each like minded to that range this calendar year.or better yet twoi more real anti-right folks.

That should be all our goals for this year!!

For those gun club members that visit here.. get your club to sponsor a 'range day' at your favility. Invite all local legislators (state/federal esp), local news station brass/employees, and newspaper editors/emp.

Supply em w/ lunch, guns(shotgun, rifle, handguns and esp "assult weapons") to shoot.

For those that say "they wont come"--fine,make em say, 'NO THANK YOU'. Put pics in newspaper and on TV-even if you have to buy the newspaper space.

Im still working on my club(s).

TimL2952 03-30-2013 05:17 PM

I always thought it silly when people refer to Liberal Gun Owners as an oxymoron...They are being hypocrits in my opinion. People paint a picture that all gun owners are Ignorant, God Fearing Conservative Republicans, but that is simply not the case, just as not all Liberals are what you think them to be.

The bottom line is that they ARE your ally on at least the gun control front. Sure, you may differ on a few other matters of policy, but we all agree that a well armed populace is a free one.

That being said, I am neither Conservative or Liberal, Democrat or Republican.

I am a Constitutionalist.

langenc 03-30-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy (Post 1196886)
I always thought it silly when people refer to Liberal Gun Owners as an oxymoron...They are being hypocrits in my opinion. People paint a picture that all gun owners are Ignorant, God Fearing Conservative Republicans, but that is simply not the case, just as not all Liberals are what you think them to be.

The bottom line is that they ARE your ally on at least the gun control front. Sure, you may differ on a few other matters of policy, but we all agree that a well armed populace is a free one.

That being said, I am neither Conservative or Liberal, Democrat or Republican.

I am a Constitutionalist.

Iam also. That makes us in the eyes of the media-'right wing whatevers'.. Yes we are right --way RIGHT of Biden, pelosi, my 2 US Sens and dozens of others in DC and thousands of others in MI. Those in power think they are on track..

Ever have someone say "I am a middle of the roader"--where is that?? I say the Constitution.

orangello 03-30-2013 09:01 PM

It is good to have like-minded people to hang out with.........they keep kicking me out of the psych hospital lobby though; apparently visitors are supposed to be on some list or other.

jpattersonnh 03-30-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cottontop (Post 1192200)
While at the range last Friday, where I shoot every Friday, I found out something interesting about a guy I met there a year or so ago. Anyway, we just seemed to click and hit is off right from the start. I've never been able to have more than just a couple of words with any of the other regulars out there. Anyway, I noticed there was something different about this guy. He seemed well educated, well read, always made a lot of sense when he spoke, and is a very knowledgeable reloader. We both have and shoot a 6mm Remington and I have never seen another one out there. Then I found out he is a liberal gun owner, just like me. We are having some great conversations and I'm glad to now have a friend who sees things the way I do. Very refreshing.
ct

Good for you cotton!! I'm a liberal gun guy!! I shoot as liberaly as I can. Lots of ammo. :rolleyes: Seriously, I have a friend that is a professor at a local university. He is as liberal as you can be. He is also from Canada. We have some interesting conversations. After the West Virginia shootings a few years ago, he actually approached the President w/ a proposal to have certain qualified people armed on campus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 1197129)
It is good to have like-minded people to hang out with.........they keep kicking me out of the psych hospital lobby though; apparently visitors are supposed to be on some list or other.

On that note I have a friend that is a teacher. He is all for tax payer funded abortions. As he states it would save this country billions. He also proposes having their tubes tied at the same time and putting them in a data base for which local bar they frequent.