new XDM 9...and a couple side notes and ?s
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > new XDM 9...and a couple side notes and ?s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default new XDM 9...and a couple side notes and ?s

So i got my new xdm9 a week and a half ago, and here is my first range report, new to the forum (although not to guns). I had no problems with the gun what so ever, although i was suprised how light it felt with 19 in the mag. It seemed lighter than my S&W 910S stainless with half the ammo. Only put 50 rounds through it, mainly b/c 9mm ammo is extremely scarce in NC at the moment, and the few places that do have it, mainly big chain stores are overcharging(isn't 36.99 for box of 50 fmj alil high, and hp's for 49.99). Two different targets one from 10 yds(photo with face shots), and one from 7 yds, 25 rounds apiece. I was please with the outcome, although i look forward to closing those groups in much tighter the more I get comfortable with the xdm, which is going to depend on ammo supplies, b/c i'm quite lucky to live only 3 miles from Handgunners in Burlington(might i add Mike H. is a quality guy with lots of insight, who isn't afraid to speak his mind). Very little recoil and easy to reaquire target very quickly...

on a side note, I am a graduate of UNC-CH, a liberal school i know, but I'm about as republican as they come (just love my tarheels)...although many of my friends are quite liberal, i do my best to show them many of the misguided ideas....so anyway one of my good friends, moved to D.C. for a job and was recently mugged in broad daylight early in the morning riding his bike by 5 guys...broken teeth, busted lip, two black eyes, stolen wallet, a dentist bill, and as he put it, a broken sense of security...i guess my question or feelings are, when is the rest of the world going to realize that criminals and thugs dont care about laws or anything other than themselves, and that if we dont look out for ourselves all the police can do it take a report....do all of our liberal friends and neighbors need to be mugged to wake up?! your thoughts are much appreciated

pistol-011.jpg   pistol-012.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-25-2009, 06:39 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Great purchase and good shooting! the groups will get better as you get use to the grip and trigger.

As for the ammo price, that is more than double!! Gouged!!

I can still get 50rd boxes of range ammo .40 cal for $16.99.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:44 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the report and good shooting. I really like the balance and grip on the XDm but am patiently awaiting the .45acp to pick one up.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 13

took it to the range again today, 3rd trip, getting alot more comfortable with the trigger pull and the sights...this is from 10yds...hopefully soon they will all be in the orange or the face...

range.jpg  

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, You might meet'm both if you show up here not welcome son...

Old 06-11-2009, 01:36 AM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Good shooting!

Old 06-11-2009, 03:07 AM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

According to the reviews the xdm is capable of 2inch groups at 20yards, so keep up the shooting practice!!

Old 06-14-2009, 11:41 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Nice groupings!

I got a brief tryout of an HS2000 (XD to you) as couple of weeks ago, fitted my hand a lot better than the standard Glocks which are club-issue. I think I would really like one, if I ever get granted a pistol licence (no easy thing in itself here!)

Can I ask a possibly totally noob question? Is it usual to shoot such close ranges? Are you at an indoor range? Only ask as I've never shot anything close than 15 ft, roughly - but then that is outdoors

Old 06-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #8

most of the time ( here in the states ) we practice at closer ranges becuz we are ever have to defend ourselfs the bad guy/s will be close.

BTW great shooting. the xd is nice but i think i'm still going with a glock. i'll probly get an xd after the glock and then ( cane and jd will be happy to hear ) a 1911

Last edited by warrioroftheland; 06-14-2009 at 12:06 PM.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:48 PM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioroftheland View Post
most of the time ( here in the states ) we practice at closer ranges becuz we are ever have to defend ourselfs the bad guy/s will be close.

BTW great shooting. the xd is nice but i think i'm still going with a glock. i'll probly get an xd after the glock and then ( cane and jd will be happy to hear ) a 1911

Ahh, makes much sense thanks. Had a bit of a /facepalm moment there...OF COURSE> self-defence! You understand that is an alien concept to my country

Old 06-14-2009, 08:08 PM   #10

i'v heard that.... move to the states