New XDm 4.5" 45ACP - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report >

New XDm 4.5" 45ACP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 12:43 AM   #11
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1465 Times on 772 Posts
Likes Given: 634

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
ya. im pretty certain its the follower in the magazine hitting empty as the last round is stripped out at full force of the recoil. its felt more than heard. but i can definately tell when the last round is chambered. kinda cool if your into tactical type reloads.
Jon, Thanks for the detailed range report! I wish more people would do this kind of in-depth reporting to benefit us all!

Also, I know a lot of people would consider that AR-15 buffer feeling (I KNOW that feeling and sound and hate it in an AR!) a fault, but a way to feel when you load the last round while you are shooting without having to move your sight picture or grip is great! Train with it and see how well you can exploit it - I bet it can lower your reload times.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 10-05-2011, 01:30 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6787 Times on 3608 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Jon, Thanks for the detailed range report! I wish more people would do this kind of in-depth reporting to benefit us all!

Also, I know a lot of people would consider that AR-15 buffer feeling (I KNOW that feeling and sound and hate it in an AR!) a fault, but a way to feel when you load the last round while you are shooting without having to move your sight picture or grip is great! Train with it and see how well you can exploit it - I bet it can lower your reload times.
thanks

would like to make an addendum.

after playing with the gun using dummy rounds the mag release from the factory was really stiff in the begining trying to drop a full mag. now after a few days sitting in front of the tv and just working the controls its become smooth on mag drops.

the right side mag button is very very stiff but im not a fan of ambi controls. if the right side release wasnt as stiff as it is i would be trying to figure a way to grind the button down flush.

after testing with empty cases the xdm unlike my newer manufacture colt 1911s will not feed empty cases so the use of full wadcutters will not work in this gun.

after a lot of dry firing the trigger has smoothed up a bit more. the striker reset is extremely short. right around a half inch of rearward slide movement is all thats needed to reset the striker and trigger.

and i love the sound and feel of the ar15/m16 buffer spring sproinging
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent