New sig-sauer P226 range report

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > New sig-sauer P226 range report

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 08:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default New sig-sauer P226 range report

I recently acquired a new P226 .40 cal S&W and took it to the range for the first time. Several years ago I switched from left-hand to right-hand hold. I'm predominately right handed but left-eye dominant. After familiarizing myself with the Sig, this is the result of my first range visit with it.

First target at 25 feet:

Sixth (last target) at 25 feet:

I ran 200 rounds of 180 grain FMJ through the weapon and I have to say my first impression of how nice it felt when I bought it were correct. I still scatter a few out to the 7 and 8 ring of a B24 target but that can be corrected with practice, practice and more practice. I definitely need to improve so i can qualify for the Corporate Challenge shooting team next year (our team came in second this year with the silver). I missed trying this year because I badly sprained my wrist in a stupid bathtub accident.

Last edited by canebrake; 05-13-2009 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Moved to Range Report section

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Very nice shooting. Be proud of what you've done so far. You shoot better than many LEOs out there. I sure don't want to get on your bad side...

Keep it up.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:53 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Good shootin'!

What type of ammo did you use?

Old 04-30-2009, 01:04 AM   #4

Default AWESOME weapon

Very impressive; I have shot a 9mm P226 (Blackwater edition) and it is definitely a favorite. If my hand was not so small I would ask to borrow it at the range more regularly.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:13 AM   #5

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Good shootin'!

What type of ammo did you use?
American Eagle. Got it at the last Cashman Center Crossroads of the West gun show.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:16 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
I recently acquired a new P226 .40 cal S&W and took it to the range for the first time. Several years ago I switched from left-hand to right-hand hold. I'm predominately right handed but left-eye dominant. After familiarizing myself with the Sig, this is the result of my first range visit with it.

First target at 25 feet:

Sixth (last target) at 25 feet:

I ran 200 rounds of 180 grain FMJ through the weapon and I have to say my first impression of how nice it felt when I bought it were correct. I still scatter a few out to the 7 and 8 ring of a B24 target but that can be corrected with practice, practice and more practice. I definitely need to improve so i can qualify for the Corporate Challenge shooting team next year (our team came in second this year with the silver). I missed trying this year because I badly sprained my wrist in a stupid bathtub accident.
Good for you. I have a new 226 in 40 S&W (unfired) and can't wait to get to the range. My other Sig is a 229 (357Sig) and have tested it and am impressed. They both carry nicely (concealled) as I knew they would. I load my magazines with everyother round a FMJ to insure penetration should the occation arise. Take care, Dogwalk

Old 05-13-2009, 01:38 AM   #7

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Looks like a dead bad guy.
Good shooting!

Old 05-19-2009, 01:49 AM   #8

Nice report and good shooting....keep on shooting.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #9

Default Good stuff

Good shooting man, i have owned for a bout a year now a p226 equinox (without the rail) and it is my baby. I have it in .357SIG and .40 cal and i shoot both on the regular. enjoy that gun man it is a fine piece of weaponry!!!

Old 06-29-2009, 02:18 AM   #10

Default First-Ever Visit to a Range Today!

(post content deleted)