Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   New (to me) Hi Power (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/new-me-hi-power-44614/)

utf59 07-02-2011 04:15 AM

New (to me) Hi Power

3 Attachment(s)
I've been wanting a Hi Power for a long time, and I finally found a good deal when I could jump on it.

So here's my Hi Power Mark III:

Attachment 30225

I took it to the range the other day and ran a couple hundred rounds through it. So far, no malfunctions (of the gun, anyway).

I spent most of the day shooting at steel, but here are 12 rounds shot at a Shoot N C target from 10 yards:

Attachment 30226

The previous owner did a little trigger work, and it's VERY crisp. I love it, but it's taking some getting used to.

I'm sorry there weren't more pictures. I got a friend to take these. My wife had our camera so she could take pictures like this:

Attachment 30227

I am loving the Hi Power! Now I have to find a holster (or two).

CA357 07-02-2011 04:18 AM

Congratulations on your Hi Power. It's called "The King of the Nines" for a reason. I've had three and if I ever get fat & sassy again, I will have another.

BTW, I'm not seeing any pictures. I don't know if it's me or if it's on your end.

utf59 07-02-2011 04:21 AM

Probably my end. Apparently I only thought I knew how to post pictures here. :confused: I'd appreciate some guidance.

canebrake 07-02-2011 04:25 AM

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

utf59 07-02-2011 04:34 AM

There they are. Thanks, Cane!

ScottA 07-02-2011 04:37 AM

I'm jealous.

canebrake 07-02-2011 05:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by utf59 (Post 533044)
The previous owner did a little trigger work, and it's VERY crisp. I love it, but it's taking some getting used to.

Does it still have the mag lock?

I run 15 round Mec-Gar mags in both my BHP's. Great mags at a reasonable price.

Mec-Gar Magazine Browning Hi-Power 9mm Luger 15-Round Steel Blue - MidwayUSA

Mec-Gar Magazine Browning Hi-Power 9mm Luger 15-Round Steel Nickel Plated - MidwayUSA

Quote:

Originally Posted by utf59 (Post 533044)
I am loving the Hi Power! Now I have to find a holster (or two).

Be careful when you order a holster. Ask them if the holster they sell is designed for the Browning. Many, Crossbreed Super Tuck for example, sells the same holster for the 1911 and the BHP. Makes for a lousy fit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by utf59 (Post 533055)
There they are. Thanks, Cane!

Man that gun begs for wood stocks!

utf59 07-02-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Does it still have the mag lock?
Nope. I'm sure that has something to do with how nice the trigger feels. That, and he replaced the hammer, sear and trigger spring.

Quote:

I run 15 round Mec-Gar mags in both my BHP's. Great mags at a reasonable price.

Mec-Gar Magazine Browning Hi-Power 9mm Luger 15-Round Steel Blue - MidwayUSA

Mec-Gar Magazine Browning Hi-Power 9mm Luger 15-Round Steel Nickel Plated - MidwayUSA
I was looking at those. My local gun shop has them for $29.99. I bought a couple of Mec-Gars for a gun I no longer own, but I liked the mags.

Quote:

Be careful when you order a holster. Ask them if the holster they sell is designed for the Browning. Many, Crossbreed Super Tuck for example, sells the same holster for the 1911 and the BHP. Makes for a lousy fit.
I've been looking for holsters made specifically for Hi Powers. I didn't know that Crossbreed was doing that, though. Thanks for the tip.

I might try some wood stocks at some point, but I actually like the all-black look.