New FNP-45 Tactical - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > New FNP-45 Tactical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 05:56 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

seriously thinking about the Docter Optics red-dot. I'd definately like to carry it eventually, occasionally... owb but still concealed and w/o the red-dot. The tritium sights that are standard on it are awesome... might get the red-dot to do some practical shooting stuff with. Who knows!

Evil Conservative Hate-monger.

Calle

Old 04-19-2010, 06:07 AM   #22

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT_Calle View Post
seriously thinking about the Docter Optics red-dot. I'd definately like to carry it eventually, occasionally... owb but still concealed and w/o the red-dot. The tritium sights that are standard on it are awesome... might get the red-dot to do some practical shooting stuff with. Who knows!
If you click on the link in the thread I posted, it takes you to FN's website. If you look through their videos, they have a bunch on 3 gun challenges. This, with the red dot, looks like it would be a good gun for. I never shoot at any of these shooting leagues (3 gun, idpa, etc.), I guess I cant really say what would be a good gun to use. But I was impressed to find out that FN Herstal is the ONLY weapons manufacturer that produces all three guns, pistol-rifle-shotgun. Now they just have to get into the archery biz!

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 06-12-2010, 07:18 AM   #23

Any updates as to how it does at the range?

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 06-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #24

Well Michigan... it seems that I can't go to the range without putting at least a hundred rounds through this piece. Took a friend from work the other day. He shot if very well, especially considering it was his first time shooting a pistol.
I am always happy shooting this pistol. It shoots great when I do everything right and when I don't, it tells me clearly what I am doing wrong.

Calle

Old 06-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #25

Thanx. Im looking at it from a left hander standpoint. I like the idea of a completely left handed gun.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #26

Yeah, the controls are completely symetrical, so I imagine it is very lefty-friendly.

Calle

Old 07-14-2010, 02:38 PM   #27

That is one awesome looking piece of hardware that you have there! No threaded muzzles for me out here in Cali I'm jealous!

"In war, resolution; in defeat, defiance; in victory, magnanimity." - Winston Churchill

Old 07-21-2010, 02:05 AM   #28

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts

I just picked me up one in all black.I can tall ya it is a fine shooting 45!

Old 07-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transman View Post
I just picked me up one in all black.I can tall ya it is a fine shooting 45!
You mean the basic FNP-45 right? The FNP-45 Tactical only comes in flat earth. If I got one that wasnt the tactical model it would the the FNP-45 USG model. The USG model not only has the decocker, but also has a manual safety so you can carry cocked 'n locked.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:51 PM   #30

I retract my previous post. I just saw an all black version on gunbroker.com. Not sure if I would want the black one over the flat earth one.