Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   New FNP-45 Tactical (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/new-fnp-45-tactical-26194/)

SGT_Calle 04-18-2010 01:03 AM

New FNP-45 Tactical

4 Attachment(s)
Here's my first .45 pistol (only my second pistol total).
It's the new FNP-45 Tactical from FNH. It has the longer threaded barrel and the sights are elevated so that you can easily use a silencer and see over it. It also has a removable plate so that you can place a red dot sight in front of the rear sight (this is how it's shown on the FNH website).
So far, after about 200 rounds, I'm in love with this pistol. It is a pleasure to shoot and certainly shoots better than I do!

N.D. 04-18-2010 01:53 AM

Cool piece! :D

DrumJunkie 04-18-2010 02:59 AM

The only poly frame weapon I have is a Browning Pro 40 which is pretty much the same weapon as the FNP. I think it's one of the better designed poly frames out there giving the shooter single or double action, as de-cocker, ambi safeties, and don't forget the changeable back strap. And from the FNP's I've shot as well as the cousin I have they seem to be almost scary accurate. You really don't see a lot of people looking at them with pistols out there like Glock and the S&W M&P's, XDs. I think a lot of people would find them a real good fit.

I think you picked a right fine weapon. Be sure to post a range report. I'd love to get your impressions on it after you've had a chance to sling some lead down range. From what I've seen they will eat about anything. :)

deathkricket 04-18-2010 06:00 AM

Did you have to give up your first born to obtain it? how much did you pay?

michigan0626 04-18-2010 10:15 AM

They go for about $1200

SGT_Calle 04-18-2010 12:11 PM

My first, second, and third born are still safe, lol.
I agree with you Drum Junkie, it is scary accurate! I've only been able to put 200 rounds through it and it is a blast to shoot. My other pistol is a XD40 4" and the recoil on this FN is actually more managable. Being my first .45, I really shanked the first round I shot through it because I expected more recoil and it went really low. Once I got my fundamentals straight, it shot great.
I didn't pay quite that much for it Michigan, I think I got a pretty darn good deal.

My biggest problem now is trying to find a nice OWB holster for it, lol.

Gojubrian 04-18-2010 01:54 PM

Nice looking piece of hardware!

Is that slide brown or is it just the picture?

SGT_Calle 04-18-2010 02:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, the slide is brown also... sorry the pics aren't very good.
Here's a better picture from the FNH website, with the optional Docter Optic red-dot.

Gojubrian 04-18-2010 02:04 PM

Nice,thanks!

How about some target pics? :D

CA357 04-18-2010 02:20 PM

Congratulations! New guns are good. :cool: